Original 'Flash' Star John Wesley Shipp to Play Barry Allen's Dad on New Series
The secret character that the original Barry Allen, John Wesley Shipp, will play on "The Flash" is revealed. The actor who played the title hero on a 1990s short-lived TV series will play a father to Allen (Grant Gustin) on the upcoming revamped show airing on The CW this fall.
"Given his history with 'The Flash', [executive producers] Andrew [Kreisberg], Geoff [Johns] and I could only think of one person we wanted to play Barry's father and that was John Wesley Shipp," executive producer Greg Berlanti said. "He gives a fantastic and emotional performance in the pilot and we are looking forward to his presence in many more episodes."
Berlanti also gushed about Shipp's performance on "Dawson's Creek" where he played Dawson's father. "Also, personally, it was just wonderful to work with him again since my days at 'Dawson's Creek'. He's a great actor and a great guy," the producer explained.
More The Flash News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion