Original 'Flash' Star John Wesley Shipp to Play Barry Allen's Dad on New Series
The secret character that the original Barry Allen, John Wesley Shipp, will play on "The Flash" is revealed. The actor who played the title hero on a 1990s short-lived TV series will play a father to Allen (Grant Gustin) on the upcoming revamped show airing on The CW this fall.
"Given his history with 'The Flash', [executive producers] Andrew [Kreisberg], Geoff [Johns] and I could only think of one person we wanted to play Barry's father and that was John Wesley Shipp," executive producer Greg Berlanti said. "He gives a fantastic and emotional performance in the pilot and we are looking forward to his presence in many more episodes."
Berlanti also gushed about Shipp's performance on "Dawson's Creek" where he played Dawson's father. "Also, personally, it was just wonderful to work with him again since my days at 'Dawson's Creek'. He's a great actor and a great guy," the producer explained.
More The Flash News
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident