Original 'Flash' Star John Wesley Shipp to Play Barry Allen's Dad on New Series
The secret character that the original Barry Allen, John Wesley Shipp, will play on "The Flash" is revealed. The actor who played the title hero on a 1990s short-lived TV series will play a father to Allen (Grant Gustin) on the upcoming revamped show airing on The CW this fall.
"Given his history with 'The Flash', [executive producers] Andrew [Kreisberg], Geoff [Johns] and I could only think of one person we wanted to play Barry's father and that was John Wesley Shipp," executive producer Greg Berlanti said. "He gives a fantastic and emotional performance in the pilot and we are looking forward to his presence in many more episodes."
Berlanti also gushed about Shipp's performance on "Dawson's Creek" where he played Dawson's father. "Also, personally, it was just wonderful to work with him again since my days at 'Dawson's Creek'. He's a great actor and a great guy," the producer explained.
More The Flash News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding