Original 'Flash' Star John Wesley Shipp to Play Barry Allen's Dad on New Series
The secret character that the original Barry Allen, John Wesley Shipp, will play on "The Flash" is revealed. The actor who played the title hero on a 1990s short-lived TV series will play a father to Allen (Grant Gustin) on the upcoming revamped show airing on The CW this fall.
"Given his history with 'The Flash', [executive producers] Andrew [Kreisberg], Geoff [Johns] and I could only think of one person we wanted to play Barry's father and that was John Wesley Shipp," executive producer Greg Berlanti said. "He gives a fantastic and emotional performance in the pilot and we are looking forward to his presence in many more episodes."
Berlanti also gushed about Shipp's performance on "Dawson's Creek" where he played Dawson's father. "Also, personally, it was just wonderful to work with him again since my days at 'Dawson's Creek'. He's a great actor and a great guy," the producer explained.
More The Flash News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics