Original 'Flash' Star John Wesley Shipp to Play Barry Allen's Dad on New Series
The secret character that the original Barry Allen, John Wesley Shipp, will play on "The Flash" is revealed. The actor who played the title hero on a 1990s short-lived TV series will play a father to Allen (Grant Gustin) on the upcoming revamped show airing on The CW this fall.
"Given his history with 'The Flash', [executive producers] Andrew [Kreisberg], Geoff [Johns] and I could only think of one person we wanted to play Barry's father and that was John Wesley Shipp," executive producer Greg Berlanti said. "He gives a fantastic and emotional performance in the pilot and we are looking forward to his presence in many more episodes."
Berlanti also gushed about Shipp's performance on "Dawson's Creek" where he played Dawson's father. "Also, personally, it was just wonderful to work with him again since my days at 'Dawson's Creek'. He's a great actor and a great guy," the producer explained.
More The Flash News
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'