Neflix Finds Its 'Daredevil' in 'Boardwalk Empire' Alum Charlie Cox
"Boardwalk Empire" alum Charlie Cox has been tapped to play the central character of Netflix's "Daredevil". Cox is to portray the crime-fighting hero and his blind lawyer alter ego Matt Murdock for the network and Marvel's 13-episode drama series.
Cox is the first name that came up in the cast list of the series. Drew Goddard of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Lost" left the project as showrunner over the weekend, presumably to focus on the Sinister Six spin-off from "The Amazing Spider-Man". Replaced by Steven S. DeKnight of "Spartacus", Goddard, however, will remain as executive producer and consultant, THR reported.
"Daredevil" is part of a massive deal between Netflix and Marvel and is the first of the other projects to see the light. Netflix also picked up series on "Jessica Jones", "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage" and a miniseries on "The Defenders".
Cox was actually cast in two other TV projects that failed to materialize. He was first attached to lead a Wall Street drama on CBS but the project did not move forward. The same thing happened to the CBS drama pilot "The Ordained".
More Daredevil News
- Bella Thorne Gets Nipple Piercing, Shares Naked Photo
- Is Drake Cheating on J.Lo With This Porn Star in Amsterdam?
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci