Neflix Finds Its 'Daredevil' in 'Boardwalk Empire' Alum Charlie Cox
"Boardwalk Empire" alum Charlie Cox has been tapped to play the central character of Netflix's "Daredevil". Cox is to portray the crime-fighting hero and his blind lawyer alter ego Matt Murdock for the network and Marvel's 13-episode drama series.
Cox is the first name that came up in the cast list of the series. Drew Goddard of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Lost" left the project as showrunner over the weekend, presumably to focus on the Sinister Six spin-off from "The Amazing Spider-Man". Replaced by Steven S. DeKnight of "Spartacus", Goddard, however, will remain as executive producer and consultant, THR reported.
"Daredevil" is part of a massive deal between Netflix and Marvel and is the first of the other projects to see the light. Netflix also picked up series on "Jessica Jones", "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage" and a miniseries on "The Defenders".
Cox was actually cast in two other TV projects that failed to materialize. He was first attached to lead a Wall Street drama on CBS but the project did not move forward. The same thing happened to the CBS drama pilot "The Ordained".
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season