Neflix Finds Its 'Daredevil' in 'Boardwalk Empire' Alum Charlie Cox
"Boardwalk Empire" alum Charlie Cox has been tapped to play the central character of Netflix's "Daredevil". Cox is to portray the crime-fighting hero and his blind lawyer alter ego Matt Murdock for the network and Marvel's 13-episode drama series.
Cox is the first name that came up in the cast list of the series. Drew Goddard of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Lost" left the project as showrunner over the weekend, presumably to focus on the Sinister Six spin-off from "The Amazing Spider-Man". Replaced by Steven S. DeKnight of "Spartacus", Goddard, however, will remain as executive producer and consultant, THR reported.
"Daredevil" is part of a massive deal between Netflix and Marvel and is the first of the other projects to see the light. Netflix also picked up series on "Jessica Jones", "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage" and a miniseries on "The Defenders".
Cox was actually cast in two other TV projects that failed to materialize. He was first attached to lead a Wall Street drama on CBS but the project did not move forward. The same thing happened to the CBS drama pilot "The Ordained".
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?