Neflix Finds Its 'Daredevil' in 'Boardwalk Empire' Alum Charlie Cox
"Boardwalk Empire" alum Charlie Cox has been tapped to play the central character of Netflix's "Daredevil". Cox is to portray the crime-fighting hero and his blind lawyer alter ego Matt Murdock for the network and Marvel's 13-episode drama series.
Cox is the first name that came up in the cast list of the series. Drew Goddard of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Lost" left the project as showrunner over the weekend, presumably to focus on the Sinister Six spin-off from "The Amazing Spider-Man". Replaced by Steven S. DeKnight of "Spartacus", Goddard, however, will remain as executive producer and consultant, THR reported.
"Daredevil" is part of a massive deal between Netflix and Marvel and is the first of the other projects to see the light. Netflix also picked up series on "Jessica Jones", "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage" and a miniseries on "The Defenders".
Cox was actually cast in two other TV projects that failed to materialize. He was first attached to lead a Wall Street drama on CBS but the project did not move forward. The same thing happened to the CBS drama pilot "The Ordained".
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018