Wiz Khalifa Addresses His Jail Selfie
Wiz Khalifa recently made headlines after he was arrested for marijuana possession in Texas and tweeted a selfie when he was still in custody. In an interview at the SoundSet Music Festival in Minnesota over the weekend, Khalifa revealed that he duped a police officer to gain access to the phone, saying that he needed to tell his wife Amber Rose about the arrest.
When asked about the guard's reactions after he took photos and uploaded them to the internet, Khalifa said, "He was pissed." The rapper continued, "Shout out to Officer (name edited out in video). I shouldn't even said his name neither cause he don't want no one to know who he is. I just double (screwed) you now. I was like, 'Yo, can I get that phone, man? I really need to call my wife. I gotta tell her what happened.' And then he gave me the phone and I was like, 'Selfie.' "
The "Young, Wild & Free" rapper, who was released in time for the festival, also talked about the arrest onstage. "I'm gonna ride for y'all. The same way y'all ride for me. Same way when y'all heard I was in that cell and y'all went on Twitter and y'all said, 'Free Chuck/Wiz'... y'all better believe I snuck my cell phone in there for that s**t. I wasn't going to miss out on the people who really care about me," he told the crowd.
Khalifa, whose real name is Cameron Thomaz, was arrested at the El Paso International Airport on early Sunday morning, May 25 for bringing 0.5 grams of marijuana. He was released on a $300 bail.
"Mr. (Cameron) Thomaz was placed under arrest after he was found to have a small amount of marijuana as he passed through a TSA Checkpoint at the airport," El Paso police said in a statement to ABC-7. "While in custody he asked to use his phone to call a relative. The handling officer allowed Mr. Thomaz to make that call and during that time he used that opportunity to take the pictures. To be clear, given the circumstances of this case it would not be uncommon to honor such a request."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage