Paul McCartney Leaves Japan After Discharged From Hospital
Paul McCartney has left Japan, boarding a charter plane on Monday, May 26. The former member of The Beatles reportedly has been released from St. Luke's International Hospital in Tokyo after falling ill from a virus infection last week.
No destination was given, but the ex-Fab Four is reportedly on his way back home in London. "Paul McCartney himself hopes to return to Japan for more concerts as soon as possible," concert organizers said, adding that this would be discussed.
McCartney, 71, was forced to cancel the rest of his shows in Japan after coming down with virus on Friday, May 16. He also canceled his scheduled gig in Seoul, South Korea. "Paul has only ever had to reschedule a handful of shows in his entire career and is so upset about this situation, he hates to let people down," his rep said.
Shortly after news of his hospitalization broke out, his camp assured that the singer "received successful medical treatment at a hospital in Tokyo." "He will make a complete recovery and has been ordered to take a few days rest," the rep added. "Paul has been extremely moved by all the messages and well wishes he has received from fans all over the world."
More Paul McCartney News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media