Taylor Swift Cancels Thailand Concert Due to Military Coup
Taylor Swift is no longer scheduled to do a show in Thailand. She cancels her sold-out gig initially planned for June 9 in Bangkok shortly after the country came under military rule. A curfew was reportedly imposed between the hours of 10 P.M. and 5 A.M. following the political unrest last week.
Local concert organizer, BEC-Tero Entertainment, says the concert was cancelled "due to recent events." Taylor herself issues a brief statement on Twitter after news of the cancellation broke out, "I'm sending my love to the fans in Thailand. I'm so sad about the concert being canceled."
"This has been a difficult decision for all parties. Taylor, AEG, BEC Tero and 13 Management all express regret and sincere apologies to the fans in Thailand," BEC-Tero adds. "We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."
Taylor Swift is currently on a break from a lengthy tour to support latest album "Red". She will be back on the road on May 30 for an Asian leg of her worldwide roadshow. Her scheduled stops are China, Japan, Indonesia, Philippine, Malaysia, and Singapore.
More Taylor Swift News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip