Taylor Swift Cancels Thailand Concert Due to Military Coup
Taylor Swift is no longer scheduled to do a show in Thailand. She cancels her sold-out gig initially planned for June 9 in Bangkok shortly after the country came under military rule. A curfew was reportedly imposed between the hours of 10 P.M. and 5 A.M. following the political unrest last week.
Local concert organizer, BEC-Tero Entertainment, says the concert was cancelled "due to recent events." Taylor herself issues a brief statement on Twitter after news of the cancellation broke out, "I'm sending my love to the fans in Thailand. I'm so sad about the concert being canceled."
"This has been a difficult decision for all parties. Taylor, AEG, BEC Tero and 13 Management all express regret and sincere apologies to the fans in Thailand," BEC-Tero adds. "We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."
Taylor Swift is currently on a break from a lengthy tour to support latest album "Red". She will be back on the road on May 30 for an Asian leg of her worldwide roadshow. Her scheduled stops are China, Japan, Indonesia, Philippine, Malaysia, and Singapore.
More Taylor Swift News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes