Taylor Swift Cancels Thailand Concert Due to Military Coup
Taylor Swift is no longer scheduled to do a show in Thailand. She cancels her sold-out gig initially planned for June 9 in Bangkok shortly after the country came under military rule. A curfew was reportedly imposed between the hours of 10 P.M. and 5 A.M. following the political unrest last week.
Local concert organizer, BEC-Tero Entertainment, says the concert was cancelled "due to recent events." Taylor herself issues a brief statement on Twitter after news of the cancellation broke out, "I'm sending my love to the fans in Thailand. I'm so sad about the concert being canceled."
"This has been a difficult decision for all parties. Taylor, AEG, BEC Tero and 13 Management all express regret and sincere apologies to the fans in Thailand," BEC-Tero adds. "We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."
Taylor Swift is currently on a break from a lengthy tour to support latest album "Red". She will be back on the road on May 30 for an Asian leg of her worldwide roadshow. Her scheduled stops are China, Japan, Indonesia, Philippine, Malaysia, and Singapore.
More Taylor Swift News
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her