Austin Mahone Debuts 'Shadow' on 'Today' Show Stage
Austin Mahone gave an exciting performance for fans who gathered at Rockefeller Plaza on Monday morning, May 26. The 18-year-old singer performed three of his songs on the "Today" show stage, including a new track called "Shadow" which is taken from his EP "The Secret", released on May 27.
Wearing a black top over an all-white ensemble, the 18-year-old singer played his guitar as he sang the ballad. He was backed by three backing singers for the performance. "Only my shadow knows how I feel about you," he crooned.
He was joined by some backing dancers for the two upbeat songs. The pop star showed off his dance moves and approached fans, briefly touching their hands during "Mmm Yeah" performance. Some fans were moving their body along the tune as their favorite singer brought out "What About Love". He also ran to the crowd, much to fans' delight.
In a conversation between songs, Mahone revealed that he wanted to work with Drake. He also mentioned Justin Timberlake as his role model.
Following the Memorial Day gig, Mahone took to Twitter to thank his fans for supporting him at the event. "Thank you all for coming out early today!!! @TodaySHOW was amazing!!! #THESECRET comes out tonight at midnight!!" he wrote.
Austin Mahone Performs "Shadow":
Austin Mahone Performs "Mmm Yeah":
Austin Mahone Performs "What About Love":
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences