Barbara Walters Will Donate Her Archives to Sarah Lawrence College
Barbara Walters is going to donate some archives from her career to her alma mater, Sarah Lawrence College. The former co-host on "The View" shared the news as she made a surprise appearance during a commencement at the school on Friday, May 23, saying she would give the school tapes, papers and photos from her five-decade of career as a journalist.
During her appearance at the event, Walters said she remembered a professor named Joseph Campbell who told his students "to follow our bliss." As quoted by The Journal News, she continued saying, "I have to tell you that when I left Sarah Lawrence, I had no idea what my 'bliss' was. So if you are like me and you have no idea what your 'bliss' is, get a job. I promise you that bliss will come."
Walters also said that her experience in the school contributed to her confidence when doing her job. She then recalled the moment of her conducting an interview with President Vladimir Putin. Back then, Walters asked Putin, a former KGB operative, if he'd ever killed anyone.
"So later, several people said, 'Where did you get the nerve to ask a question like that?' And I said, 'It's easy. I went to a college where I was not afraid to ask questions,' " she explained. "And this is that college. That is my contribution to world peace. So I thank Sarah Lawrence for it."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation