Brad Paisley Travels to Afghanistan With President Obama to Perform for Troops
Brad Paisley helped members of U.S. troops celebrate Memorial's Day in Afghanistan. The country music crooner jetted off to the country with President Barack Obama and his entourage, flying overnight on Air Force One.
"About to play a surprise concert for the troops in Afghanistan. God bless our military. Here we go," Paisley tweeted before taking the stage. He performed an hour-long set for the military crowd inside the hangar at Bagram Airfield.
In his speech, Mr. President thanked the troops for their service. He also awarded medals to some of the members and visited the wounded. It's his fourth visit to Afghanistan as president, but his first since winning re-election in 2012.
"God bless America, home safe. Thanks for the lift BO. Our military is the best the world has ever seen. #memorialday," Paisley wrote on his Twitter after returning to American soil.
In the U.S., a Memorial Day concert to honor the troops was held on Capitol Hill this weekend. Caleb Johnson, the winner of this year's "American Idol", performed "Star-Spangled Banner". "So incredibly honored to perform at the National Memorial Day Concert!" he gushed afterwards. "A heartfelt thanks to our troops here and overseas for all that you do!! God Bless you!!"
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?