Brad Paisley Travels to Afghanistan With President Obama to Perform for Troops
Brad Paisley helped members of U.S. troops celebrate Memorial's Day in Afghanistan. The country music crooner jetted off to the country with President Barack Obama and his entourage, flying overnight on Air Force One.
"About to play a surprise concert for the troops in Afghanistan. God bless our military. Here we go," Paisley tweeted before taking the stage. He performed an hour-long set for the military crowd inside the hangar at Bagram Airfield.
In his speech, Mr. President thanked the troops for their service. He also awarded medals to some of the members and visited the wounded. It's his fourth visit to Afghanistan as president, but his first since winning re-election in 2012.
"God bless America, home safe. Thanks for the lift BO. Our military is the best the world has ever seen. #memorialday," Paisley wrote on his Twitter after returning to American soil.
In the U.S., a Memorial Day concert to honor the troops was held on Capitol Hill this weekend. Caleb Johnson, the winner of this year's "American Idol", performed "Star-Spangled Banner". "So incredibly honored to perform at the National Memorial Day Concert!" he gushed afterwards. "A heartfelt thanks to our troops here and overseas for all that you do!! God Bless you!!"
More Brad Paisley News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding