New Queen Album With Freddie Mercury's Vocals to Be Released
There will be a new Queen album with some previously unheard songs featuring Freddie Mercury's vocals. Guitarist Brian May revealed in a new interview that "Queen Forever" will be out next year.
"We found a few more tracks with Freddie singing and all of us playing and they are quite beautiful," May told BBC Wales' radio host Wynne Evans. "It is a compilation but will have this material that nobody in the world has ever heard. I think people will really enjoy it."
May said the tentatively-titled "Queen Forever" album would be released towards the end of the year. Speaking of details, he said, "Most of it comes from the '80s when we were in full flight. It is quite emotional. It is the big, big ballads and the big, big epic sound." Mercury died in November 1991.
"It wouldn't have been if we hadn't have done this restoration job," May continued. "We had to start from scratch because we only had scraps. But knowing how it would have happened if we had finished it, I can sit there and make it happen with modern technology."
The band will embark on a full North American tour for the first time in a decade this June in Chicago. "American Idol" alum Adam Lambert fills in the vocal. "Adam Lambert is an independent artist. It fits us perfectly, because he is so theatrical, a true diva. Freddie would love him," Queen's drummer Roger Taylor told Germany's Bluewin.
More Queen News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media