New Queen Album With Freddie Mercury's Vocals to Be Released
There will be a new Queen album with some previously unheard songs featuring Freddie Mercury's vocals. Guitarist Brian May revealed in a new interview that "Queen Forever" will be out next year.
"We found a few more tracks with Freddie singing and all of us playing and they are quite beautiful," May told BBC Wales' radio host Wynne Evans. "It is a compilation but will have this material that nobody in the world has ever heard. I think people will really enjoy it."
May said the tentatively-titled "Queen Forever" album would be released towards the end of the year. Speaking of details, he said, "Most of it comes from the '80s when we were in full flight. It is quite emotional. It is the big, big ballads and the big, big epic sound." Mercury died in November 1991.
"It wouldn't have been if we hadn't have done this restoration job," May continued. "We had to start from scratch because we only had scraps. But knowing how it would have happened if we had finished it, I can sit there and make it happen with modern technology."
The band will embark on a full North American tour for the first time in a decade this June in Chicago. "American Idol" alum Adam Lambert fills in the vocal. "Adam Lambert is an independent artist. It fits us perfectly, because he is so theatrical, a true diva. Freddie would love him," Queen's drummer Roger Taylor told Germany's Bluewin.
More Queen News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video