Macaulay Culkin's Band Booed and Pelted With Beer in Nottingham
Former child star Macaulay Culkin was booed and pelted with beer when he performed with his band The Pizza Underground at the Dot to Dot festival on Sunday, May 25. The band left the Nottingham stage after only three songs.
Culkin was playing at the Rock City in the Britain leg of the festival with his New York bandmates. The booing began after just one song and the pints of beer started flying on stage after a while. "Why are you throwing those? I'd rather drink them!" Culkin reportedly said.
The band, which covered famous songs and changed some of the lyrics with "pizza", was drenched in beer by the third song. They decided to call it quits with Culkin saying, "That's the end of the show. Goodnight."
One fan described the experience to NME, saying, "It just sounds awful. I can't believe he is doing this. Why bother? It must go down well in America or something." A Twitter user by the name of Lia Nicholls wrote, "Of course Macaulay Culkin keeps being booed off stage with The Pizza Underground. They change Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day' to 'It's a Pizza Day'."
However, the festival's organizers took a defense on the band, saying, "After barnstorming sets at both Dot To Dot Manchester and Dot To Dot Bristol, it's such a shame that some members of the crowd had to ruin what was set to be an excellent show. A sentiment echoed by the band themselves."
The band themselves tweeted after the incident, "Thank you so much Nottingham and dot to dot. Sorry that a couple people ruined it for everyone."
More Macaulay Culkin News
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises