Artist of the Week: Mariah Carey
Mariah Carey is back. Nearly five years since releasing her last proper studio album, 2009's "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel", the singer is returning to the game with a new LP titled "Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse".
Getting her fourteenth full-length done is not easy for Carey. She first announced that her new album would be called "The Art of Letting Go" and it's planned to be released in early 2013. The project was later delayed numerous times due to several problems including the injury she obtained when filming a music video last summer.
When announcing that her album would now be called "Me. I Am Mariah" late last month, Carey said that the title was inspired by a picture of herself that she drew when she was three years old.
"Please don't judge me for such a simplistic title. Come on, I was only three-and-a-half," she says in a video. "It was a creative visualization of how I saw myself with the purity of a child's heart before it was ever broken."
The album is due out on May 27. It will feature "#Beautiful", Carey's collaboration with Miguel which was released last year as the lead single off "The Art of Letting Go", as well as Wale-assisted "You Don't Know What to Do" that she debuted during her set at "Today" summer concert series earlier this month
In addition to those names, "Me. I Am Mariah" boasts guest appearances from Nas, Fabolous and Carey's twin children.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'