Simon Kinberg Confirms Original 'X-Men' Stars' Return in 'Apocalypse'
Expect more familiar faces from the early days of "X-Men" movies to make appearance in the next installment of Marvel's mutant superhero franchise. Screenwriter Simon Kinberg has confirmed fans' speculation which arose following the end of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" [SPOILER ALERT!] which begins a new timeline where Cyclops and Jean Grey are still alive.
Echoing Bryan Singer who previously revealed that the 2016 film would be "more of 'First Class' sequel," Kinberg who will also produce "Apocalypse" says the upcoming movie "will focus primarily on the 'First Class' cast." He additinally tells The Daily Beast that some of the original cast will be involved too, although 2011's "X-Men: First Class" featured the younger generation of the mutants.
In another interview with IGN, Kinberg describes "Apocalypse" as a "disaster movie" at "extinction level event." He previously revealed that it would "present a new leader, the darkest leader in the movie franchise."
Dishing on another project "The Fantastic Four" in which he also serves as the writer, Kinberg says, "The tone of this movie will feel as unique as when you saw 'Iron Man', 'X-Men', or 'Batman Begins' for the first time. It's not as goofy as the first movies; it has humor in it, but the humor is much more real and comes from character, not pratfall jokes. It's a much more dramatic film than it is a comedy. I would say it falls somewhere between Raimi's first couple of Spider-Man movies and 'Chronicle'."
"Apocalypse" is set to arrive in the U.S. on May 27, 2016. Evan Peters' Quicksilver and Hugh Jackman's Wolverine which are featured in "Days of Future Past" are expected to return for the next installment.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child