'Frozen' Becomes the Fifth Highest-Grossing Film of All Time Worldwide
"Frozen (2013)", which is still running in theaters in some international countries, has set a new record. The movie has now passed "Iron Man 3" to become the fifth highest-grossing movie of all time after reaching nearly $1.219 billion worldwide.
It is the second-highest grossing release for Disney, behind Marvel's "The Avengers" which is at No. 3 on the highest-grossing-of-all-time list with $1.5 billion globally. In addition to the U.S. where it earned $400 million, the flick is a big success in Japan as it has so far raked in $194 million in the country.
"Frozen" is already the highest-grossing animated film of all time after surpassing "Toy Story 3" that made $1.063 billion worldwide. In Japan, it is the third-highest grossing Western film of all time, trailing behind James Cameron"s "Titanic" and Warner Bros.' "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
Disney has recently announced that "Frozen" is being adapted into a live ice skating stage show, which will begin touring in September 2014. A Broadway adaptation is also in development.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip