'All My Children' Actor Matthew Cowles Dies at 69
Actor Matthew Cowles, who probably is mostly remembered for playing the villain Billy Clyde Tuggle on ABC's "All My Children", passed away on Thursday, May 22. He was 69. His manager Tsu Tsu Stanton confirmed the sad news to The Hollywood Reporter.
"#Matthew Cowles passed away on 5/22.I had the pleasure of being his manager. He was a very gifted and kind man who loved life and everyone," Stanton announced the passing on Twitter on Friday. There is no further info regarding the cause of death.
Throughout his 4-decade of career, Cowles received two Daytime Emmy nominations for his role on "All My Children". He also took part on some other shows such as 1976's "Kojak", 1985's "Miami Vice" and 1991's "Law & Order".
Cowles made his big screen debut in 1969 in "Me, Natalie", starring Patty Duke and Al Pacino. His other credits included "The Happy Hooker", "Slap Shot", "The Juror" and Martin Scorsese's "Shutter Island", which starred Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Kingsley and Mark Ruffalo among others.
Cowles is survived by his wife, Emmy nominee and Tony Award winner Christine Baranski, whom he wed in 1983. They have two daughters.
More Christine Baranski News
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November