'All My Children' Actor Matthew Cowles Dies at 69
Actor Matthew Cowles, who probably is mostly remembered for playing the villain Billy Clyde Tuggle on ABC's "All My Children", passed away on Thursday, May 22. He was 69. His manager Tsu Tsu Stanton confirmed the sad news to The Hollywood Reporter.
"#Matthew Cowles passed away on 5/22.I had the pleasure of being his manager. He was a very gifted and kind man who loved life and everyone," Stanton announced the passing on Twitter on Friday. There is no further info regarding the cause of death.
Throughout his 4-decade of career, Cowles received two Daytime Emmy nominations for his role on "All My Children". He also took part on some other shows such as 1976's "Kojak", 1985's "Miami Vice" and 1991's "Law & Order".
Cowles made his big screen debut in 1969 in "Me, Natalie", starring Patty Duke and Al Pacino. His other credits included "The Happy Hooker", "Slap Shot", "The Juror" and Martin Scorsese's "Shutter Island", which starred Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Kingsley and Mark Ruffalo among others.
Cowles is survived by his wife, Emmy nominee and Tony Award winner Christine Baranski, whom he wed in 1983. They have two daughters.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked