'All My Children' Actor Matthew Cowles Dies at 69
Actor Matthew Cowles, who probably is mostly remembered for playing the villain Billy Clyde Tuggle on ABC's "All My Children", passed away on Thursday, May 22. He was 69. His manager Tsu Tsu Stanton confirmed the sad news to The Hollywood Reporter.
"#Matthew Cowles passed away on 5/22.I had the pleasure of being his manager. He was a very gifted and kind man who loved life and everyone," Stanton announced the passing on Twitter on Friday. There is no further info regarding the cause of death.
Throughout his 4-decade of career, Cowles received two Daytime Emmy nominations for his role on "All My Children". He also took part on some other shows such as 1976's "Kojak", 1985's "Miami Vice" and 1991's "Law & Order".
Cowles made his big screen debut in 1969 in "Me, Natalie", starring Patty Duke and Al Pacino. His other credits included "The Happy Hooker", "Slap Shot", "The Juror" and Martin Scorsese's "Shutter Island", which starred Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Kingsley and Mark Ruffalo among others.
Cowles is survived by his wife, Emmy nominee and Tony Award winner Christine Baranski, whom he wed in 1983. They have two daughters.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'