Sofia Vergara and Nick Loeb Call Off Engagement
Sofia Vergara is back on the market. She calls it quits with her fiance Nick Loeb after two years of engagement. The "Modern Family" star broke the news herself on her social media.
"Not that anyone should care, but in order to not give the press the chance to invent crazy and hurtful drama, I prefer to tell my fans personally that Nick and I have decided to be apart," she wrote.
"We have been having too many problems with having to figure out how to spend time together and because of my work and now his, it's been getting worse and worse, not fun anymore. We are still very close but we believe this is the best thing for us right now," she explained.
Vergara and Loeb got engaged during a holiday in Mexico to celebrate her 40th birthday in July 2012. He popped the question atop the Mayan ruins. Back in 2013, she said, "I have to plan a very big wedding, so it's going to be when I have time to not only to plan the wedding, but then take time off after the wedding because it's going to be big."
The couple met at a Golden Globes party in 2010 and has dated on and off ever since. She was previously married to Joe Gonzalez from 1991 to 1993 and has one son with him.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger