John Travolta and Kelly Preston Smile While Watching Friend Propose to Girlfriend in Cannes
John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston helped a friend propose to his girlfriend at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. The famous couple was smiling in delight as they witnessed producer Oscar Generale, who is behind Travolta's new project "Gummy Bear", propose to his girlfriend Denny Mendez.
The sweet proposal took place at amfAR's 21st Cinema Against AIDS Gala in Cannes on Thursday, May 22. The former Miss Italy looked so touched as the producer was on one knee in front of her. She started crying after saying yes to his proposal. Wearing a floor-length red dress, Preston stood beside the "Hairspray" actor who sported a navy suit.
At the Thursday night event, Travolta did a perfect job introducing Andrea Bocelli prior to his performance. The star, who made headlines after butchering Idina Menzel's name at the Oscars earlier this year, told the audience, "Ladies and gentlemen, it's our pleasure to introduce Andrea Bocelli."
"One of these auction items could lead to the cure for AIDS," Travolta said prior to the event, as quoted by USA Today. The annual gala that night raised $38 million for AIDS research.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri