John Travolta and Kelly Preston Smile While Watching Friend Propose to Girlfriend in Cannes
John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston helped a friend propose to his girlfriend at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. The famous couple was smiling in delight as they witnessed producer Oscar Generale, who is behind Travolta's new project "Gummy Bear", propose to his girlfriend Denny Mendez.
The sweet proposal took place at amfAR's 21st Cinema Against AIDS Gala in Cannes on Thursday, May 22. The former Miss Italy looked so touched as the producer was on one knee in front of her. She started crying after saying yes to his proposal. Wearing a floor-length red dress, Preston stood beside the "Hairspray" actor who sported a navy suit.
At the Thursday night event, Travolta did a perfect job introducing Andrea Bocelli prior to his performance. The star, who made headlines after butchering Idina Menzel's name at the Oscars earlier this year, told the audience, "Ladies and gentlemen, it's our pleasure to introduce Andrea Bocelli."
"One of these auction items could lead to the cure for AIDS," Travolta said prior to the event, as quoted by USA Today. The annual gala that night raised $38 million for AIDS research.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer