John Travolta and Kelly Preston Smile While Watching Friend Propose to Girlfriend in Cannes
John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston helped a friend propose to his girlfriend at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. The famous couple was smiling in delight as they witnessed producer Oscar Generale, who is behind Travolta's new project "Gummy Bear", propose to his girlfriend Denny Mendez.
The sweet proposal took place at amfAR's 21st Cinema Against AIDS Gala in Cannes on Thursday, May 22. The former Miss Italy looked so touched as the producer was on one knee in front of her. She started crying after saying yes to his proposal. Wearing a floor-length red dress, Preston stood beside the "Hairspray" actor who sported a navy suit.
At the Thursday night event, Travolta did a perfect job introducing Andrea Bocelli prior to his performance. The star, who made headlines after butchering Idina Menzel's name at the Oscars earlier this year, told the audience, "Ladies and gentlemen, it's our pleasure to introduce Andrea Bocelli."
"One of these auction items could lead to the cure for AIDS," Travolta said prior to the event, as quoted by USA Today. The annual gala that night raised $38 million for AIDS research.
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell