Simon Kinberg: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Will Have the 'Darkest Leader' in the Franchise
Simon Kinberg dishes on his vision for the upcoming "X-Men: Apocalypse". The producer/screenwriter explains plan to give a more human-like approach to the titular villain which is already teased in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" end-credits and to introduce him as a leader on par with Xavier and Magneto, but with a more twisted mind.
"What the comics do best and I think Bryan's done so well with these movies is humanizing, dramatizing the characters," he said to Movie Pilot. "It's really been about how do we give him [Apocalypse], most importantly, a very human and relatable motivation so that as extreme and insane as his methods are, there is something, you know, understandable, almost empathetic about his motivation."
"Some of that is in the books, some of that is us building on that. You know, fully dimensionalizing the character, but it is a huge part of the task of adapting the story of Apocalypse. It is making him, while larger than life also dow to a human, emotional scale."
Kinberg added, "We're definitely approaching him as a super charismatic leader that will draw people to his cause. So far, in the X-Men movies, there really are two leaders. You know, there's Eric/Magneto and what he did with the Brotherhood and Charles/Professor Xavier and what he did with the X-Men. Apocalypse does present a new leader, the darkest leader in the movie franchise."
"Days of Future Past" arrives in theaters across the U.S. on May 23, and "Apocalypse" is planned to follow on May 27, 2016. Evan Peters' Quicksilver and Hugh Jackman's Wolverine are expected to return for the next installment.
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen