Report: Kanye West's New Album Is 'Dark' and Less 'Abrasive' Than 'Yeezus'
New details about Kanye West's next album have emerged. According to a new report by Billboard, the rapper's upcoming release will be much tamer than its predecessor, "Yeezus", which was released last year.
An anonymous source told the site that two weeks ago, there were 12 songs featured in the album. "Out of six heard, it's mostly a mixture of soul samples and tamed 'Yeezus'-esque darkness... nothing abrasive," the source said.
The new report supports producer Evian Christ's statement in a recent interview. Speaking to Self-Titled magazine last month, he said, "I've got to get home and write an Otis Redding -style beat for [West]. He e-mailed last night. He wants something that sounds a bit like Otis Redding, a bit like Mobb Deep."
There's still no word on when the new album will arrive. West, who's marrying fiancee Kim Kardashian in Europe this weekend, has reportedly worked with a number of musicians including Q-Tip, Rick Rubin, Mike Will Made It, James Faunterloy, James Blake, DJ Mustard and Tyga for the project.
More Kanye West News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation