New 'Game of Thrones' Characters in Season 5 Allegedly Revealed
"Game of Thrones" season 4 is still airing, but talks about the upcoming season 5 have already begun. Most recently, Winteriscoming.net got the scoop on new characters that would possibly appear in the next installment, which include more members of the House Martell.
According to a source, Prince Oberyn's older brother, Prince Doran Martell, will be featured in the fifth season. He is the Lord of Sunspear who rules wisely. Described as being reclusive, he uses a wheelchair due to a bad case of gout.
Prince Doran's youngest son, Prince Trystane Martell, who happens to be Princess Myrcella's fiance will make appearance as well. To come along with him is his loyal bodyguard Areo Hotah, who reportedly will be portrayed by a black actor.
Oberyn Martell's bastard daughters, known as The Sand Snakes, may be among the new faces. They include Obara Sand, the eldest and most athletic Sand Snake; Nymeria Sand, a beautiful, emotional and very strong girl of "mixed race"; and Tyene Sand, the youngest of the Sand Snakes who is less of a physical fighter than her sisters but is blessed with wits and seductive powers.
The other new characters are High Sparrow, the pious head of a religious movement; Septa Unella who will spend a lot time with a major character; fortune teller Maggy the Frog; Bronn's fiance Lollys Stokeworth; Yezzan, a sleazy Meereenese slave owner; and The Waif, a strange child that Arya encounters.
The HBO hit series will reportedly film part of season 5 in Spain. Entertainment Weekly reported earlier this week that the show was scouting locations in the Andalucia region of the country and was deep in talks with a local film commission.
More Game of Thrones News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars