John Mayer Drops Studio Version of Beyonce's 'XO' Cover
Last month, John Mayer performed an acoustic cover of Beyonce Knowles' hit single called "XO" during his concert in Australia. The 36-year-old star, who's clearly a big fan of the song, has now dropped the studio version of the cover.
Arriving via his SoundCloud page on Friday, May 23, the studio version finds Mayer replicating his live performance. He sings the slow-tempo love song, which was co-penned by Bey, Ryan Tedder and The Dream, over the sounds of guitar and harmonica.
"XO" is a single off "Beyonce", Bey's self-titled album that peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 200 following its release back in December. Mayer covered the track when he visited Adelaide in early April.
Prior to covering Beyonce's song, Mayer revealed that he's a fan of the 32-year-old diva. Katy Perry's ex-boyfriend, who's currently still promoting his latest studio effort, "Paradise Valley", tweeted, "The best thing about Beyonce? The break in her voice on the first 'baby, love me lights out' in XO. Real and raw."
More John Mayer News
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album