John Mayer Drops Studio Version of Beyonce's 'XO' Cover
Last month, John Mayer performed an acoustic cover of Beyonce Knowles' hit single called "XO" during his concert in Australia. The 36-year-old star, who's clearly a big fan of the song, has now dropped the studio version of the cover.
Arriving via his SoundCloud page on Friday, May 23, the studio version finds Mayer replicating his live performance. He sings the slow-tempo love song, which was co-penned by Bey, Ryan Tedder and The Dream, over the sounds of guitar and harmonica.
"XO" is a single off "Beyonce", Bey's self-titled album that peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 200 following its release back in December. Mayer covered the track when he visited Adelaide in early April.
Prior to covering Beyonce's song, Mayer revealed that he's a fan of the 32-year-old diva. Katy Perry's ex-boyfriend, who's currently still promoting his latest studio effort, "Paradise Valley", tweeted, "The best thing about Beyonce? The break in her voice on the first 'baby, love me lights out' in XO. Real and raw."
More John Mayer News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars