John Mayer Drops Studio Version of Beyonce's 'XO' Cover
Last month, John Mayer performed an acoustic cover of Beyonce Knowles' hit single called "XO" during his concert in Australia. The 36-year-old star, who's clearly a big fan of the song, has now dropped the studio version of the cover.
Arriving via his SoundCloud page on Friday, May 23, the studio version finds Mayer replicating his live performance. He sings the slow-tempo love song, which was co-penned by Bey, Ryan Tedder and The Dream, over the sounds of guitar and harmonica.
"XO" is a single off "Beyonce", Bey's self-titled album that peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 200 following its release back in December. Mayer covered the track when he visited Adelaide in early April.
Prior to covering Beyonce's song, Mayer revealed that he's a fan of the 32-year-old diva. Katy Perry's ex-boyfriend, who's currently still promoting his latest studio effort, "Paradise Valley", tweeted, "The best thing about Beyonce? The break in her voice on the first 'baby, love me lights out' in XO. Real and raw."
More John Mayer News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'