John Mayer Drops Studio Version of Beyonce's 'XO' Cover
Last month, John Mayer performed an acoustic cover of Beyonce Knowles' hit single called "XO" during his concert in Australia. The 36-year-old star, who's clearly a big fan of the song, has now dropped the studio version of the cover.
Arriving via his SoundCloud page on Friday, May 23, the studio version finds Mayer replicating his live performance. He sings the slow-tempo love song, which was co-penned by Bey, Ryan Tedder and The Dream, over the sounds of guitar and harmonica.
"XO" is a single off "Beyonce", Bey's self-titled album that peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 200 following its release back in December. Mayer covered the track when he visited Adelaide in early April.
Prior to covering Beyonce's song, Mayer revealed that he's a fan of the 32-year-old diva. Katy Perry's ex-boyfriend, who's currently still promoting his latest studio effort, "Paradise Valley", tweeted, "The best thing about Beyonce? The break in her voice on the first 'baby, love me lights out' in XO. Real and raw."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert