Miley Cyrus Granted Restraining Order Against Delusional Fan
Miley Cyrus got an emergency restraining order against a crazed fan who allegedly said he wanted to die if he did not meet the pop star. A Los Angeles judge granted her a temporary restraining order against Devon Meek on Friday, May 23.
Meek from Sierra Vista, Arizona was detained by police on May 16 outside a property while trying to meet Cyrus, and was later placed in a psychiatric hospital. The 24-year-old believed the "Adore You" singer was communicating with him through her songs. According to Cyrus' lawyers court documents, Meek has said he will continue hunting the star once he's released from the facility.
According to detective Rosibel Smith, Meek told the officers that they should shoot him in the head if he couldn't meet the singer. Smith said a police officer who interviewed Meek "informed me that Mr. Meek stated that when he is released from the hospital, he will not stop seeking Ms. Cyrus and that he will continue to go to Ms. Cyrus' residence until Ms. Cyrus accepts him or he dies."
The restraining order requires Meek to stay within 100 yard away from Cyrus. A hearing is scheduled on June 16 to extend the restraining order for three years.
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur