Miley Cyrus Granted Restraining Order Against Delusional Fan
Miley Cyrus got an emergency restraining order against a crazed fan who allegedly said he wanted to die if he did not meet the pop star. A Los Angeles judge granted her a temporary restraining order against Devon Meek on Friday, May 23.
Meek from Sierra Vista, Arizona was detained by police on May 16 outside a property while trying to meet Cyrus, and was later placed in a psychiatric hospital. The 24-year-old believed the "Adore You" singer was communicating with him through her songs. According to Cyrus' lawyers court documents, Meek has said he will continue hunting the star once he's released from the facility.
According to detective Rosibel Smith, Meek told the officers that they should shoot him in the head if he couldn't meet the singer. Smith said a police officer who interviewed Meek "informed me that Mr. Meek stated that when he is released from the hospital, he will not stop seeking Ms. Cyrus and that he will continue to go to Ms. Cyrus' residence until Ms. Cyrus accepts him or he dies."
The restraining order requires Meek to stay within 100 yard away from Cyrus. A hearing is scheduled on June 16 to extend the restraining order for three years.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist