Miley Cyrus Granted Restraining Order Against Delusional Fan
Miley Cyrus got an emergency restraining order against a crazed fan who allegedly said he wanted to die if he did not meet the pop star. A Los Angeles judge granted her a temporary restraining order against Devon Meek on Friday, May 23.
Meek from Sierra Vista, Arizona was detained by police on May 16 outside a property while trying to meet Cyrus, and was later placed in a psychiatric hospital. The 24-year-old believed the "Adore You" singer was communicating with him through her songs. According to Cyrus' lawyers court documents, Meek has said he will continue hunting the star once he's released from the facility.
According to detective Rosibel Smith, Meek told the officers that they should shoot him in the head if he couldn't meet the singer. Smith said a police officer who interviewed Meek "informed me that Mr. Meek stated that when he is released from the hospital, he will not stop seeking Ms. Cyrus and that he will continue to go to Ms. Cyrus' residence until Ms. Cyrus accepts him or he dies."
The restraining order requires Meek to stay within 100 yard away from Cyrus. A hearing is scheduled on June 16 to extend the restraining order for three years.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt