Quentin Tarantino Wants to Release 'Django Unchained' Unused Footage as Miniseries
Quentin Tarantino expresses his desire to release a director's cut of his Oscar-winning movie "Django Unchained" on TV. There are deleted scenes clocked in at one hour and a half, and he wants to release it as a miniseries. The theatrical version is 165-minute long.
"I have about 90 minutes worth of material with Django. It hasn't been seen. My idea, frankly, is to cut together a four-hour version of 'Django Unchained'," the director said at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday, May 23. "But I wouldn't show it like a four hour movie."
He elaborated, "I would cut it up into hour chapters. Like a four-part miniseries. And show it on cable television. Show it like an hour at a time, each chapter. We'd use all the material I have and it wouldn't be an endurance test. It would be a mini-series. And people love those."
"You show people a four-hour movie and they roll their eyes. Show people a four-part mini-series and they'll sit and watch it all in one sitting."
Tarantino also talked about his other project, "The Hateful Eight". He said he had "calmed down a bit" from the shock of finding that his script leaked a few months ago. "The knife in the back wound is starting to scab," he said. "I'm in no hurry [to release the film]. Maybe I'll shoot it, maybe I'll publish it, maybe I'll do it on stage. Maybe all three."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart