Quentin Tarantino Wants to Release 'Django Unchained' Unused Footage as Miniseries
Quentin Tarantino expresses his desire to release a director's cut of his Oscar-winning movie "Django Unchained" on TV. There are deleted scenes clocked in at one hour and a half, and he wants to release it as a miniseries. The theatrical version is 165-minute long.
"I have about 90 minutes worth of material with Django. It hasn't been seen. My idea, frankly, is to cut together a four-hour version of 'Django Unchained'," the director said at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday, May 23. "But I wouldn't show it like a four hour movie."
He elaborated, "I would cut it up into hour chapters. Like a four-part miniseries. And show it on cable television. Show it like an hour at a time, each chapter. We'd use all the material I have and it wouldn't be an endurance test. It would be a mini-series. And people love those."
"You show people a four-hour movie and they roll their eyes. Show people a four-part mini-series and they'll sit and watch it all in one sitting."
Tarantino also talked about his other project, "The Hateful Eight". He said he had "calmed down a bit" from the shock of finding that his script leaked a few months ago. "The knife in the back wound is starting to scab," he said. "I'm in no hurry [to release the film]. Maybe I'll shoot it, maybe I'll publish it, maybe I'll do it on stage. Maybe all three."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard