Quentin Tarantino Wants to Release 'Django Unchained' Unused Footage as Miniseries
Quentin Tarantino expresses his desire to release a director's cut of his Oscar-winning movie "Django Unchained" on TV. There are deleted scenes clocked in at one hour and a half, and he wants to release it as a miniseries. The theatrical version is 165-minute long.
"I have about 90 minutes worth of material with Django. It hasn't been seen. My idea, frankly, is to cut together a four-hour version of 'Django Unchained'," the director said at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday, May 23. "But I wouldn't show it like a four hour movie."
He elaborated, "I would cut it up into hour chapters. Like a four-part miniseries. And show it on cable television. Show it like an hour at a time, each chapter. We'd use all the material I have and it wouldn't be an endurance test. It would be a mini-series. And people love those."
"You show people a four-hour movie and they roll their eyes. Show people a four-part mini-series and they'll sit and watch it all in one sitting."
Tarantino also talked about his other project, "The Hateful Eight". He said he had "calmed down a bit" from the shock of finding that his script leaked a few months ago. "The knife in the back wound is starting to scab," he said. "I'm in no hurry [to release the film]. Maybe I'll shoot it, maybe I'll publish it, maybe I'll do it on stage. Maybe all three."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?