Tiffany Thornton Takes Kids Away Because of Husband's Drinking Problem
Tiffany Thornton, who was accused of abducting her young children by her musician husband Chris Carney, apparently took them away because she was worried about their safety. According to a report by TMZ, Chris' mother Ruth Carney said that her son's drunken behavior contributed to the former Disney star's action.
Ruth, who is the mayor of Hot Springs, Arkansas, told the site that Chris had drinking problems and was admitted to a rehab facility to seek help. He, however, recently relapsed and "went crazy." According to the report, Ruth was with Tiffany and the children in L.A. when Chris got drunk. Ruth then took Tiffany and the babies to Tiffany's parents in Texas. Ruth said that Chris knew about the trip because Tiffany talked to him via FaceTime.
Chris reportedly denied the story, saying that he was not an alcoholic and his mother just overreacted after seeing a can of beer in the fridge.
A representative for Tiffany has released a statement following the kidnapping accusation. "Mr. Carney's claims are false and are being dealt with in the proper forum," the rep told Us Weekly.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed