Tiffany Thornton Takes Kids Away Because of Husband's Drinking Problem
Tiffany Thornton, who was accused of abducting her young children by her musician husband Chris Carney, apparently took them away because she was worried about their safety. According to a report by TMZ, Chris' mother Ruth Carney said that her son's drunken behavior contributed to the former Disney star's action.
Ruth, who is the mayor of Hot Springs, Arkansas, told the site that Chris had drinking problems and was admitted to a rehab facility to seek help. He, however, recently relapsed and "went crazy." According to the report, Ruth was with Tiffany and the children in L.A. when Chris got drunk. Ruth then took Tiffany and the babies to Tiffany's parents in Texas. Ruth said that Chris knew about the trip because Tiffany talked to him via FaceTime.
Chris reportedly denied the story, saying that he was not an alcoholic and his mother just overreacted after seeing a can of beer in the fridge.
A representative for Tiffany has released a statement following the kidnapping accusation. "Mr. Carney's claims are false and are being dealt with in the proper forum," the rep told Us Weekly.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7