Tiffany Thornton Takes Kids Away Because of Husband's Drinking Problem
Tiffany Thornton, who was accused of abducting her young children by her musician husband Chris Carney, apparently took them away because she was worried about their safety. According to a report by TMZ, Chris' mother Ruth Carney said that her son's drunken behavior contributed to the former Disney star's action.
Ruth, who is the mayor of Hot Springs, Arkansas, told the site that Chris had drinking problems and was admitted to a rehab facility to seek help. He, however, recently relapsed and "went crazy." According to the report, Ruth was with Tiffany and the children in L.A. when Chris got drunk. Ruth then took Tiffany and the babies to Tiffany's parents in Texas. Ruth said that Chris knew about the trip because Tiffany talked to him via FaceTime.
Chris reportedly denied the story, saying that he was not an alcoholic and his mother just overreacted after seeing a can of beer in the fridge.
A representative for Tiffany has released a statement following the kidnapping accusation. "Mr. Carney's claims are false and are being dealt with in the proper forum," the rep told Us Weekly.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital