Tiffany Thornton Takes Kids Away Because of Husband's Drinking Problem
Tiffany Thornton, who was accused of abducting her young children by her musician husband Chris Carney, apparently took them away because she was worried about their safety. According to a report by TMZ, Chris' mother Ruth Carney said that her son's drunken behavior contributed to the former Disney star's action.
Ruth, who is the mayor of Hot Springs, Arkansas, told the site that Chris had drinking problems and was admitted to a rehab facility to seek help. He, however, recently relapsed and "went crazy." According to the report, Ruth was with Tiffany and the children in L.A. when Chris got drunk. Ruth then took Tiffany and the babies to Tiffany's parents in Texas. Ruth said that Chris knew about the trip because Tiffany talked to him via FaceTime.
Chris reportedly denied the story, saying that he was not an alcoholic and his mother just overreacted after seeing a can of beer in the fridge.
A representative for Tiffany has released a statement following the kidnapping accusation. "Mr. Carney's claims are false and are being dealt with in the proper forum," the rep told Us Weekly.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now