Tiffany Thornton Takes Kids Away Because of Husband's Drinking Problem
Tiffany Thornton, who was accused of abducting her young children by her musician husband Chris Carney, apparently took them away because she was worried about their safety. According to a report by TMZ, Chris' mother Ruth Carney said that her son's drunken behavior contributed to the former Disney star's action.
Ruth, who is the mayor of Hot Springs, Arkansas, told the site that Chris had drinking problems and was admitted to a rehab facility to seek help. He, however, recently relapsed and "went crazy." According to the report, Ruth was with Tiffany and the children in L.A. when Chris got drunk. Ruth then took Tiffany and the babies to Tiffany's parents in Texas. Ruth said that Chris knew about the trip because Tiffany talked to him via FaceTime.
Chris reportedly denied the story, saying that he was not an alcoholic and his mother just overreacted after seeing a can of beer in the fridge.
A representative for Tiffany has released a statement following the kidnapping accusation. "Mr. Carney's claims are false and are being dealt with in the proper forum," the rep told Us Weekly.
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her