Against Me!'s Laura Jane Grace Blasts Arcade Fire's 'We Exist' Music Video
Laura Jane Grace is not a fan of Arcade Fire's "We Exist" music video. The singer criticizes Win Butler and Co.'s decision to hire "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" actor Andrew Garfield to star as a transgender in the visuals.
"Dear Arcade Fire, maybe when making a video for a song called 'We Exist' you should get an actual 'trans' actor instead of Spider-Man?" the member of punk band Against Me! tweeted on Thursday, May 22.
Grace, born Tom Gabel, came out as a transgender back in 2012. She becomes the focus of "Transgender Dysphoria Blues", Against Me!'s latest album which was released earlier this year.
Arcade Fire has yet commented on Grace's criticism. The Montreal-based rockers dropped their "We Exist" music video last week. It sees Garfield transforming himself into a blond-haired woman who later gets beaten up by some men at a bar before hitting the stage with the band at Coachella.
The track appears in the group's latest chart-topping album, "Reflektor". Butler has explained that the song is about a son who's trying to tell his father that he's gay.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones