Against Me!'s Laura Jane Grace Blasts Arcade Fire's 'We Exist' Music Video
Laura Jane Grace is not a fan of Arcade Fire's "We Exist" music video. The singer criticizes Win Butler and Co.'s decision to hire "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" actor Andrew Garfield to star as a transgender in the visuals.
"Dear Arcade Fire, maybe when making a video for a song called 'We Exist' you should get an actual 'trans' actor instead of Spider-Man?" the member of punk band Against Me! tweeted on Thursday, May 22.
Grace, born Tom Gabel, came out as a transgender back in 2012. She becomes the focus of "Transgender Dysphoria Blues", Against Me!'s latest album which was released earlier this year.
Arcade Fire has yet commented on Grace's criticism. The Montreal-based rockers dropped their "We Exist" music video last week. It sees Garfield transforming himself into a blond-haired woman who later gets beaten up by some men at a bar before hitting the stage with the band at Coachella.
The track appears in the group's latest chart-topping album, "Reflektor". Butler has explained that the song is about a son who's trying to tell his father that he's gay.
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions
- 'Cars 3' New Trailer Sees Lightning McQueen's Emotional Crisis