Against Me!'s Laura Jane Grace Blasts Arcade Fire's 'We Exist' Music Video
Laura Jane Grace is not a fan of Arcade Fire's "We Exist" music video. The singer criticizes Win Butler and Co.'s decision to hire "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" actor Andrew Garfield to star as a transgender in the visuals.
"Dear Arcade Fire, maybe when making a video for a song called 'We Exist' you should get an actual 'trans' actor instead of Spider-Man?" the member of punk band Against Me! tweeted on Thursday, May 22.
Grace, born Tom Gabel, came out as a transgender back in 2012. She becomes the focus of "Transgender Dysphoria Blues", Against Me!'s latest album which was released earlier this year.
Arcade Fire has yet commented on Grace's criticism. The Montreal-based rockers dropped their "We Exist" music video last week. It sees Garfield transforming himself into a blond-haired woman who later gets beaten up by some men at a bar before hitting the stage with the band at Coachella.
The track appears in the group's latest chart-topping album, "Reflektor". Butler has explained that the song is about a son who's trying to tell his father that he's gay.
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation