Video: Teen Recreates Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' Dance on Talent Show
Brett Nichols has become an internet sensation after nailing Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" dance routine at his school's talent show. A video of his performance has been viewed more than 8 million times after it was uploaded on YouTube earlier this week.
The performance did not only help the 17-year-old Californian student win the local talent show, but also has caught the attention of MJ's estate. According to TMZ, the executors were blown away by Nichols' performance and sent him an invitation for him and his family to attend a performance of Michael Jackson ONE in Las Vegas.
In an interview with News 10 in California, Nichols shared his opinion on why his imitation of the late King of Pop's dance became a hit. "I guess people still miss him, it's been five years (since his death)," he said. "The younger generation appreciates the work, and not only does someone care, but someone cared to put in the time."
He also revealed how he became a fan of MJ and how he learned his iconic dances, "YouTube came around and you could find all the videos and songs I remembered hearing. Then it was possible to see the choreography, it inspired me. And then I thought, 'why isn't this something I can't do.' Then it was practice, practice, watch, learn and take notes."
More Michael Jackson News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour