Video: Teen Recreates Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' Dance on Talent Show
Brett Nichols has become an internet sensation after nailing Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" dance routine at his school's talent show. A video of his performance has been viewed more than 8 million times after it was uploaded on YouTube earlier this week.
The performance did not only help the 17-year-old Californian student win the local talent show, but also has caught the attention of MJ's estate. According to TMZ, the executors were blown away by Nichols' performance and sent him an invitation for him and his family to attend a performance of Michael Jackson ONE in Las Vegas.
In an interview with News 10 in California, Nichols shared his opinion on why his imitation of the late King of Pop's dance became a hit. "I guess people still miss him, it's been five years (since his death)," he said. "The younger generation appreciates the work, and not only does someone care, but someone cared to put in the time."
He also revealed how he became a fan of MJ and how he learned his iconic dances, "YouTube came around and you could find all the videos and songs I remembered hearing. Then it was possible to see the choreography, it inspired me. And then I thought, 'why isn't this something I can't do.' Then it was practice, practice, watch, learn and take notes."
More Michael Jackson News
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors