'Clouds of Sils Maria' Trailer Shows Kristen Stewart as Object of Desire
The first trailer of "Clouds of Sils Maria" was released ahead of its Friday, May 23 premiere at Cannes. Kristen Stewart was in a role that she was never seen before, starring opposite Juliette Binoche and Chloe Moretz.
An aging actress (Binoche) gets insecure as she accepts a role in the play that made her famous in her late teens. This time, she plays an older character while a young star (Moretz) takes over her former role. Stewart plays the older actress' personal assistant who is also her object of desire. "You're jealous. I don't think it's company figures that are keeping you up at night. It's desire, for me I think," Stewart's character says in the trailer.
French director Olivier Assayas defends the casting of Stewart who claimed her fame through "Twilight" movie series. "Actors are actors," Assayas tells the AP. "They are more or less the same in any culture." He adds, "Kristen, whatever image one has of her, ultimately she's just a great actress by any standard. I was just completely amazed by the range of Kristen. I'm so honored to be working with her at this moment when she's blossoming."
"Clouds of Sils Maria" opens in limited theaters December 1.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie