'Clouds of Sils Maria' Trailer Shows Kristen Stewart as Object of Desire
The first trailer of "Clouds of Sils Maria" was released ahead of its Friday, May 23 premiere at Cannes. Kristen Stewart was in a role that she was never seen before, starring opposite Juliette Binoche and Chloe Moretz.
An aging actress (Binoche) gets insecure as she accepts a role in the play that made her famous in her late teens. This time, she plays an older character while a young star (Moretz) takes over her former role. Stewart plays the older actress' personal assistant who is also her object of desire. "You're jealous. I don't think it's company figures that are keeping you up at night. It's desire, for me I think," Stewart's character says in the trailer.
French director Olivier Assayas defends the casting of Stewart who claimed her fame through "Twilight" movie series. "Actors are actors," Assayas tells the AP. "They are more or less the same in any culture." He adds, "Kristen, whatever image one has of her, ultimately she's just a great actress by any standard. I was just completely amazed by the range of Kristen. I'm so honored to be working with her at this moment when she's blossoming."
"Clouds of Sils Maria" opens in limited theaters December 1.
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer