'Clouds of Sils Maria' Trailer Shows Kristen Stewart as Object of Desire
The first trailer of "Clouds of Sils Maria" was released ahead of its Friday, May 23 premiere at Cannes. Kristen Stewart was in a role that she was never seen before, starring opposite Juliette Binoche and Chloe Moretz.
An aging actress (Binoche) gets insecure as she accepts a role in the play that made her famous in her late teens. This time, she plays an older character while a young star (Moretz) takes over her former role. Stewart plays the older actress' personal assistant who is also her object of desire. "You're jealous. I don't think it's company figures that are keeping you up at night. It's desire, for me I think," Stewart's character says in the trailer.
French director Olivier Assayas defends the casting of Stewart who claimed her fame through "Twilight" movie series. "Actors are actors," Assayas tells the AP. "They are more or less the same in any culture." He adds, "Kristen, whatever image one has of her, ultimately she's just a great actress by any standard. I was just completely amazed by the range of Kristen. I'm so honored to be working with her at this moment when she's blossoming."
"Clouds of Sils Maria" opens in limited theaters December 1.
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media