Report: Paul McCartney Hospitalized With Virus Infection
Paul McCartney has canceled more concerts due to illness, and now the latest report from Japanese newspaper Sankei Sports suggests the British musician has checked into a hospital in Tokyo. He's hospitalized after his virus infection reportedly worsened.
The former member of The Beatles was forced to cancel the rest of his shows in Japan after coming down with virus on Friday, May 16. "Doctors have ordered Paul to complete rest and he has been doing all he can to get better," his representative said.
He himself said, "Thank you so much for your kind messages and support. I'm so very touched. Unfortunately my condition has not improved overnight. I was really hoping that I'd be feeling better today. I'm so disappointed and sorry to be letting my fans down."
The 71-year-old singer/songwriter also canceled his scheduled gig in Seoul, South Korea. "All possibilities to reschedule this show are being explored," his rep stated.
More Paul McCartney News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris