Report: Paul McCartney Hospitalized With Virus Infection
Paul McCartney has canceled more concerts due to illness, and now the latest report from Japanese newspaper Sankei Sports suggests the British musician has checked into a hospital in Tokyo. He's hospitalized after his virus infection reportedly worsened.
The former member of The Beatles was forced to cancel the rest of his shows in Japan after coming down with virus on Friday, May 16. "Doctors have ordered Paul to complete rest and he has been doing all he can to get better," his representative said.
He himself said, "Thank you so much for your kind messages and support. I'm so very touched. Unfortunately my condition has not improved overnight. I was really hoping that I'd be feeling better today. I'm so disappointed and sorry to be letting my fans down."
The 71-year-old singer/songwriter also canceled his scheduled gig in Seoul, South Korea. "All possibilities to reschedule this show are being explored," his rep stated.
More Paul McCartney News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns