'Girl Meets World' Finds Cory's Brother in 'The Glades' Alum
"Girl Meets World" has added another actor to its cast ensemble. The show has tapped Uriah Shelton, who starred on A&E's "The Glades", to portray Cory's younger brother. E! News has obtained the first look at teenage "Uncle Joshua," who is described as a laid back and effortlessly cool little bro, with Cory and Topanga's daughter Riley (Rowan Blanchard) and her friend Maya (Sabrina Carpenter).
Shelton's Joshua will first appear in the holiday episode. In the same episode titled "Girl Meets Home for the Holidays", Rider Strong, William Russ and Betsy Randle will be back to reprise their roles as Shawn Hunter and Cory's parents respectively.
The "Boy Meets World" spin-off centers on Cory and Topanga's tween daughter Riley Matthews who, along with her best friend Maya, will navigate through middle school under her parents' watchful eyes. Disney Channel has given the new comedy a full season order of 21 episodes for its first season.
The series will premiere Friday, June 27, at 9:45 P.M. The first episode, however, has been made available online for free on Disney's WATCH Disney Channel streaming service, which can be accessed by subscribers to participating service providers.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!