'Girl Meets World' Finds Cory's Brother in 'The Glades' Alum
"Girl Meets World" has added another actor to its cast ensemble. The show has tapped Uriah Shelton, who starred on A&E's "The Glades", to portray Cory's younger brother. E! News has obtained the first look at teenage "Uncle Joshua," who is described as a laid back and effortlessly cool little bro, with Cory and Topanga's daughter Riley (Rowan Blanchard) and her friend Maya (Sabrina Carpenter).
Shelton's Joshua will first appear in the holiday episode. In the same episode titled "Girl Meets Home for the Holidays", Rider Strong, William Russ and Betsy Randle will be back to reprise their roles as Shawn Hunter and Cory's parents respectively.
The "Boy Meets World" spin-off centers on Cory and Topanga's tween daughter Riley Matthews who, along with her best friend Maya, will navigate through middle school under her parents' watchful eyes. Disney Channel has given the new comedy a full season order of 21 episodes for its first season.
The series will premiere Friday, June 27, at 9:45 P.M. The first episode, however, has been made available online for free on Disney's WATCH Disney Channel streaming service, which can be accessed by subscribers to participating service providers.
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna