Skylar Astin Also Back for 'Pitch Perfect 2'
Another original "Pitch Perfect" star is tapped to return for the sequel. Skylar Astin is set to reprise his role as Jesse Swanson in "Pitch Perfect 2", which is confirmed with a tweet by Ben Platt who played Benji Applebaum in the first film.
"What better way to spend my first day on set for #PitchPerfect2 than by doing a scene with my roomie @SkylarAstin," Platt wrote in a caption of the photo posted on Wednesday, May 21. In the image, the two actors wear matching blue shirts with striped ties.
Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow and Elizabeth Banks were earlier announced to return for the sequel, which has added Hailee Steinfeld and Katey Sagal to the cast. Earlier this month, Wilson shared a picture of the Barden Bellas at rehearsal. "Team Bellas!!!" she captioned it.
Banks will direct and produce the upcoming musical film, in addition to reprising her role as Gail Abernathy-McKadden, a commentator for the ICCAs. Universal Pictures has booked May 15, 2015 as a U.S. release date for the movie.
Team Bellas!!! pic.twitter.com/jL1cnpPnOM— Rebel Wilson (@RebelWilson) May 15, 2014
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal