Skylar Astin Also Back for 'Pitch Perfect 2'
Another original "Pitch Perfect" star is tapped to return for the sequel. Skylar Astin is set to reprise his role as Jesse Swanson in "Pitch Perfect 2", which is confirmed with a tweet by Ben Platt who played Benji Applebaum in the first film.
"What better way to spend my first day on set for #PitchPerfect2 than by doing a scene with my roomie @SkylarAstin," Platt wrote in a caption of the photo posted on Wednesday, May 21. In the image, the two actors wear matching blue shirts with striped ties.
Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow and Elizabeth Banks were earlier announced to return for the sequel, which has added Hailee Steinfeld and Katey Sagal to the cast. Earlier this month, Wilson shared a picture of the Barden Bellas at rehearsal. "Team Bellas!!!" she captioned it.
Banks will direct and produce the upcoming musical film, in addition to reprising her role as Gail Abernathy-McKadden, a commentator for the ICCAs. Universal Pictures has booked May 15, 2015 as a U.S. release date for the movie.
Team Bellas!!! pic.twitter.com/jL1cnpPnOM— Rebel Wilson (@RebelWilson) May 15, 2014
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Johnny Galecki's House Burns Down in California Massive Fire
- Iron Man Slips Into His Upgraded Armor in New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos
- 'The Lowe Files' Teaser Sees Rob Lowe and Sons Delving Into Unsolved Mysteries
- Rita Ora Flashes Thong in Sheer Red Dress
- Iggy Azalea Claps Back After Halsey Called Her 'Moron': 'I Don't Know Her'
- James Harden Realizes His Big Crush on Nicki Minaj After Giving Her Thirsty Stare at NBA Awards
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women