Skylar Astin Also Back for 'Pitch Perfect 2'
Another original "Pitch Perfect" star is tapped to return for the sequel. Skylar Astin is set to reprise his role as Jesse Swanson in "Pitch Perfect 2", which is confirmed with a tweet by Ben Platt who played Benji Applebaum in the first film.
"What better way to spend my first day on set for #PitchPerfect2 than by doing a scene with my roomie @SkylarAstin," Platt wrote in a caption of the photo posted on Wednesday, May 21. In the image, the two actors wear matching blue shirts with striped ties.
Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow and Elizabeth Banks were earlier announced to return for the sequel, which has added Hailee Steinfeld and Katey Sagal to the cast. Earlier this month, Wilson shared a picture of the Barden Bellas at rehearsal. "Team Bellas!!!" she captioned it.
Banks will direct and produce the upcoming musical film, in addition to reprising her role as Gail Abernathy-McKadden, a commentator for the ICCAs. Universal Pictures has booked May 15, 2015 as a U.S. release date for the movie.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says