Skylar Astin Also Back for 'Pitch Perfect 2'
Another original "Pitch Perfect" star is tapped to return for the sequel. Skylar Astin is set to reprise his role as Jesse Swanson in "Pitch Perfect 2", which is confirmed with a tweet by Ben Platt who played Benji Applebaum in the first film.
"What better way to spend my first day on set for #PitchPerfect2 than by doing a scene with my roomie @SkylarAstin," Platt wrote in a caption of the photo posted on Wednesday, May 21. In the image, the two actors wear matching blue shirts with striped ties.
Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow and Elizabeth Banks were earlier announced to return for the sequel, which has added Hailee Steinfeld and Katey Sagal to the cast. Earlier this month, Wilson shared a picture of the Barden Bellas at rehearsal. "Team Bellas!!!" she captioned it.
Banks will direct and produce the upcoming musical film, in addition to reprising her role as Gail Abernathy-McKadden, a commentator for the ICCAs. Universal Pictures has booked May 15, 2015 as a U.S. release date for the movie.
Team Bellas!!! pic.twitter.com/jL1cnpPnOM— Rebel Wilson (@RebelWilson) May 15, 2014
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'