Skylar Astin Also Back for 'Pitch Perfect 2'
Another original "Pitch Perfect" star is tapped to return for the sequel. Skylar Astin is set to reprise his role as Jesse Swanson in "Pitch Perfect 2", which is confirmed with a tweet by Ben Platt who played Benji Applebaum in the first film.
"What better way to spend my first day on set for #PitchPerfect2 than by doing a scene with my roomie @SkylarAstin," Platt wrote in a caption of the photo posted on Wednesday, May 21. In the image, the two actors wear matching blue shirts with striped ties.
Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow and Elizabeth Banks were earlier announced to return for the sequel, which has added Hailee Steinfeld and Katey Sagal to the cast. Earlier this month, Wilson shared a picture of the Barden Bellas at rehearsal. "Team Bellas!!!" she captioned it.
Banks will direct and produce the upcoming musical film, in addition to reprising her role as Gail Abernathy-McKadden, a commentator for the ICCAs. Universal Pictures has booked May 15, 2015 as a U.S. release date for the movie.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce