'Community' Alumna Gillian Jacobs Joins 'Girls'
Gillian Jacobs is heading to "Girls" after graduating from "Community". The star of the recently canceled NBC sitcom will join Lena Dunham in the upcoming season 4 of "Girls", on which she has landed a recurring role.
The former Britta Perry depicter is cast as a character named Mimi-Rose Howard. She will first appear in episode 5 which is aptly titled "Mimi-Rose". A rep for HBO has confirmed the news first reported by TVLine, but doesn't divulge more details of Jacobs' character.
Series creator and star Dunham also took to Twitter on Wednesday, May 21 to spread the news of Jacobs' casting. "It's true!" she tweeted. "The super-special Gillian Jacobs has joined us for Girls season 4. We are pretty lucky."
Jacobs is the first of the Greendale gang who scores a new TV gig since "Community" was axed by NBC earlier this month. The last episode of the Dan Harmon-created show aired on April 17.
More Girls News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars