'Community' Alumna Gillian Jacobs Joins 'Girls'
Gillian Jacobs is heading to "Girls" after graduating from "Community". The star of the recently canceled NBC sitcom will join Lena Dunham in the upcoming season 4 of "Girls", on which she has landed a recurring role.
The former Britta Perry depicter is cast as a character named Mimi-Rose Howard. She will first appear in episode 5 which is aptly titled "Mimi-Rose". A rep for HBO has confirmed the news first reported by TVLine, but doesn't divulge more details of Jacobs' character.
Series creator and star Dunham also took to Twitter on Wednesday, May 21 to spread the news of Jacobs' casting. "It's true!" she tweeted. "The super-special Gillian Jacobs has joined us for Girls season 4. We are pretty lucky."
Jacobs is the first of the Greendale gang who scores a new TV gig since "Community" was axed by NBC earlier this month. The last episode of the Dan Harmon-created show aired on April 17.
More Girls News
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting