'Community' Alumna Gillian Jacobs Joins 'Girls'
Gillian Jacobs is heading to "Girls" after graduating from "Community". The star of the recently canceled NBC sitcom will join Lena Dunham in the upcoming season 4 of "Girls", on which she has landed a recurring role.
The former Britta Perry depicter is cast as a character named Mimi-Rose Howard. She will first appear in episode 5 which is aptly titled "Mimi-Rose". A rep for HBO has confirmed the news first reported by TVLine, but doesn't divulge more details of Jacobs' character.
Series creator and star Dunham also took to Twitter on Wednesday, May 21 to spread the news of Jacobs' casting. "It's true!" she tweeted. "The super-special Gillian Jacobs has joined us for Girls season 4. We are pretty lucky."
Jacobs is the first of the Greendale gang who scores a new TV gig since "Community" was axed by NBC earlier this month. The last episode of the Dan Harmon-created show aired on April 17.
More Girls News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed