'Community' Alumna Gillian Jacobs Joins 'Girls'
Gillian Jacobs is heading to "Girls" after graduating from "Community". The star of the recently canceled NBC sitcom will join Lena Dunham in the upcoming season 4 of "Girls", on which she has landed a recurring role.
The former Britta Perry depicter is cast as a character named Mimi-Rose Howard. She will first appear in episode 5 which is aptly titled "Mimi-Rose". A rep for HBO has confirmed the news first reported by TVLine, but doesn't divulge more details of Jacobs' character.
Series creator and star Dunham also took to Twitter on Wednesday, May 21 to spread the news of Jacobs' casting. "It's true!" she tweeted. "The super-special Gillian Jacobs has joined us for Girls season 4. We are pretty lucky."
Jacobs is the first of the Greendale gang who scores a new TV gig since "Community" was axed by NBC earlier this month. The last episode of the Dan Harmon-created show aired on April 17.
More Girls News
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too