'Community' Alumna Gillian Jacobs Joins 'Girls'
Gillian Jacobs is heading to "Girls" after graduating from "Community". The star of the recently canceled NBC sitcom will join Lena Dunham in the upcoming season 4 of "Girls", on which she has landed a recurring role.
The former Britta Perry depicter is cast as a character named Mimi-Rose Howard. She will first appear in episode 5 which is aptly titled "Mimi-Rose". A rep for HBO has confirmed the news first reported by TVLine, but doesn't divulge more details of Jacobs' character.
Series creator and star Dunham also took to Twitter on Wednesday, May 21 to spread the news of Jacobs' casting. "It's true!" she tweeted. "The super-special Gillian Jacobs has joined us for Girls season 4. We are pretty lucky."
Jacobs is the first of the Greendale gang who scores a new TV gig since "Community" was axed by NBC earlier this month. The last episode of the Dan Harmon-created show aired on April 17.
More Girls News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard