Quincy Jones Blasts Michael Jackson's 'Xscape' Album: 'It's About Money'
Quincy Jones is not a fan of Michael Jackson's new posthumous album, "Xscape". The producer, who worked with the late King of Pop in the past, opened up about how he felt about the record when he sat down for an interview on Canadian radio show "Q with Jian Ghomeshi" earlier this week.
"They're trying to make money," said Jones, the guy behind some of Jackson's hits including "Thriller" and "Bad". "And I understand it. Everybody's after the money, the estate, the lawyers. It's about money."
When asked if he was disappointed that more unreleased Jackson material could arrive in the future, Jones said, "Yeah, but it's not my business anymore. They're not our business."
"Xscape" was released earlier this month and it has just made its debut on Billboard 200 at No. 2. Epic Records' L.A. Reid came up with the idea of making the album and he later hired Timbaland to produce it.
Jones is not the only person who has responded to "Xscape" negatively. In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, The Black Keys' Patrick Carney said, "[It's] some f**king bulls**t that sucks so bad that it took them three years after he died to make it listenable. Like he had to be dead for three years for it to be released."
The drummer agreed that money was the main reason why the album existed. "L.A. Reid needed a new boat," he added.
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked