Quincy Jones Blasts Michael Jackson's 'Xscape' Album: 'It's About Money'
Quincy Jones is not a fan of Michael Jackson's new posthumous album, "Xscape". The producer, who worked with the late King of Pop in the past, opened up about how he felt about the record when he sat down for an interview on Canadian radio show "Q with Jian Ghomeshi" earlier this week.
"They're trying to make money," said Jones, the guy behind some of Jackson's hits including "Thriller" and "Bad". "And I understand it. Everybody's after the money, the estate, the lawyers. It's about money."
When asked if he was disappointed that more unreleased Jackson material could arrive in the future, Jones said, "Yeah, but it's not my business anymore. They're not our business."
"Xscape" was released earlier this month and it has just made its debut on Billboard 200 at No. 2. Epic Records' L.A. Reid came up with the idea of making the album and he later hired Timbaland to produce it.
Jones is not the only person who has responded to "Xscape" negatively. In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, The Black Keys' Patrick Carney said, "[It's] some f**king bulls**t that sucks so bad that it took them three years after he died to make it listenable. Like he had to be dead for three years for it to be released."
The drummer agreed that money was the main reason why the album existed. "L.A. Reid needed a new boat," he added.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years