'Survivor: Cagayan' Crowns a Winner in 'Dog Vs. Player' Finale
All those broken promises and backstabbing led to the finale of "Survivor: Cagayan". Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen, Spencer Bledsoe, Tony Vlachos and Yung "Woo" Hwang were the four remaining players in the last episode aired on Wednesday, May 21, but only two were heading to the final tribal council.
Tony knew that his special idol was no longer usable but he didn't tell his fellow castaways and used it as a bluff to guarantee his place in the final three. Kass got a visit from her husband before the final four gathered for an immunity challenge.
In this game, they had to mount a pole and fill a bucket with water from the ocean underneath. They would pour the water into a pole to raise a key. Once they got the key, the jumped into the water and ran to the beach to start building a puzzle. Kass finished it first, securing a spot in the final three.
The other three players began making strategy to get rid of another castaway. Kass planned to vote Spencer out, while Spencer tried to convince Tony to vote out Woo. Spencer was eventually cut from the final four.
In the second immunity challenge, Kass, Tony and Woo had to collect gear medallions on their way through a complicated maze. They would use the medallions to unlock another puzzle. Woo won the immunity with Kass only less than a second behind him.
Tony and Kass tried to convince Woo to take them into the final 2, but at the tribal council, Woo didn't want to say anything and only wanted to get to the vote. Woo chose to take Tony to the final 2, which Kass branded a "stupid stupid decision."
The eliminated players returned for the final tribal council. They mostly grilled Tony for backstabbing and swearing on his family for the sake of winning the game. Spencer, meanwhile, confronted Woo for acting like a puppy and said that his game was between a dog and a man. Spencer apparently admired Tony for being a real player and wrote his name as a compliment.
Most of the other jury members agreed with Spencer and voted for Tony, who was declared the Sole Survivor of season 28 and won the $1 million prize. Jeff Probst said the "Cagayan" edition was one of the best seasons with the best cast.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'