Pat Sajak on His Global Warming Tweet: 'I Was Joking'
Following controversy surrounding his recent tweet, Pat Sajak says he was just trying to crack a joke. The "Wheel of Fortune" host landed in hot water this week after he slammed global warming activists on Twitter.
"As most of you know, original Tweet was intended to parody the name-calling directed at climate skeptics. Hyperbole," he explained in a tweet on Wednesday, May 21. He also issued a statement to media to clear up the controversy, saying, "Of course I was joking. Just mocking the name-calling that is directed at global warming skeptics within and without the scientific community."
Sajak sent out the controversial tweet on Monday. It read, "I now believe global warming alarmists are unpatriotic racists knowingly misleading for their own ends. Good night." Some people who did not share same stance voiced their opinion on social media. "Hey @PatSajak, this aint the 'Wheel of Fortune'. If we lose this game, it isn't just one person's misfortune. All humanity pays the price," a climate scientist named Michael E. Mann wrote.
The next day, Sajak suggested that he intentionally wrote the post to see people's reaction. "Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing," he tweeted.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'