Michael Jace Used 'Intimidation Style of Discipline' on Son
Michael Jace does not have good parenting skills, according to his former wife Jennifer Bitterman. Bitterman mentioned in a court document in connection to a 2004 custody case, obtained by New York Daily News, that the actor who is now accused of killing his wife April used "intimidation style of discipline" on their son Jordan.
Jace reportedly spanked their young son "for crying or being afraid" and threatened him once for "failing to stand up to his stepbrother." As the result, their son was afraid of him and he didn't want to spend his time with the actor. "I would make every effort to encourage Jordan to be brave and reassure him that (Jace) loves him and that he is safe with him," the document read.
According to Bitterman, Jace did not really show his support to Jordan for the first five years of his life and "financial support was infrequent as well." The actor of "The Shield" started seeing April and embraced Christianity when Jordan was 6 years old. "His attitude seemed to have changed about fatherhood with the help of his new involvement in Christianity," Bitterman said, but the father and son's relationship did not go well.
Jace is being held in custody with a $1 million bail after he shot April multiple times on Monday night, May 19 at their home in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Los Angeles. He then called 911 and confessed to the crime, sources at the law enforcement office said. The couple's two children were at home during the incident.
Jace and his wife of 10 years apparently never had history of domestic violence. Their neighbor Shirley Harding told The Associated Press, "I never heard arguments. I just heard happiness over there."
Los Angeles Police Detective Dean Vinluan additionally told the news outlet that the authorities were still investigating whether financial or marital problems contributed to the shooting incident. Court records previously showed that Jace filed for bankruptcy in 2011.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video