'American Idol' Season 13 Has a Winner, Judges Perform Together for First Time
It's the moment that had been waited the most in this entire season of "American Idol". Either Caleb Johnson or Jena Irene was crowned a winner in the finale on Wednesday, May 21, but first there were performances from the Top 13, musical guests as well as the judges and in-house mentor Randy Jackson.
The final two contestants walked out onto the stage singing "We Will Rock You" and "I'm Just a Girl" before dueting on "It's Only Love". Caleb later rocked out with KISS, singing "Love Gun" and "Shout it out Loud", while Jena sang "Decode" and "Ain't It Fun" with her idol Paramore.
Jason Mraz who previously mentored the Top 5 returned, this time to sing "Love Someone" with Alex Preston who had mentioned Jason as his inspiration. Season 11's winner Phillip Phillips was back to the "Idol" stage, singing "Raging Fire" with Sam Woolf.
Judge Jennifer Lopez also took the stage to perform her new single "First Love" in a revealing outfit. She later teamed up with fellow judges Keith Urban, Harry Connick Jr. and Randy Jackson to perform a medley of "True Colors" and "Go Your On Way". Host Ryan Seacrest, meanwhile, sang on "Idol" stage for the first time, joined by Richard Marx for a duet of "Right Here Waiting for You".
After a bunch of other performances from the likes of Lady Antebellum, Demi Lovato, John Legend and Aloe Blacc, Ryan finally announced the results. The winner of the 13th season is Caleb, who was cut in previous two auditions. He won a record deal and a cash prize. He and runner-up Jena also brought home Ford Mustangs.
Caleb sang his coronation song "As Long As You Love Me" while showered with confetti. Ryan once again told fans that Caleb's first album would arrive on August 21.
More American Idol News
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order