HBO and Jessica Chastain Deny 'True Detective' Season 2 Casting Rumor
Jessica Chastain is not coming to the small screen anytime soon. Nerdist previously reported that the Oscar-nominated actress was offered a lead role on "True Detective" season 2, but E! News begs to differ, saying that HBO and reps for Chastain have denied the story.
The first season of the anthology series starred Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as two detectives, whose lives collide and entwine during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of the bizarre murder is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives when the case is re-opened years later.
HBO has not officially greenlit the second season, but series creator Nic Pizzolatto already began working on the story. "The basic idea: Hard women, bad men, and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system," he said in March. "I was well on my way in the writing but there's been a lot noise and work around the end of the first season that got in the way."
McConaughey, who recently won an Oscar that day for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club", has stated that he won't return for the possible second installment of the crime drama series. "I won't be back for season two. Season one was finite," he said backstage at Academy Awards.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years