HBO and Jessica Chastain Deny 'True Detective' Season 2 Casting Rumor
Jessica Chastain is not coming to the small screen anytime soon. Nerdist previously reported that the Oscar-nominated actress was offered a lead role on "True Detective" season 2, but E! News begs to differ, saying that HBO and reps for Chastain have denied the story.
The first season of the anthology series starred Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as two detectives, whose lives collide and entwine during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of the bizarre murder is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives when the case is re-opened years later.
HBO has not officially greenlit the second season, but series creator Nic Pizzolatto already began working on the story. "The basic idea: Hard women, bad men, and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system," he said in March. "I was well on my way in the writing but there's been a lot noise and work around the end of the first season that got in the way."
McConaughey, who recently won an Oscar that day for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club", has stated that he won't return for the possible second installment of the crime drama series. "I won't be back for season two. Season one was finite," he said backstage at Academy Awards.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby