HBO and Jessica Chastain Deny 'True Detective' Season 2 Casting Rumor
Jessica Chastain is not coming to the small screen anytime soon. Nerdist previously reported that the Oscar-nominated actress was offered a lead role on "True Detective" season 2, but E! News begs to differ, saying that HBO and reps for Chastain have denied the story.
The first season of the anthology series starred Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as two detectives, whose lives collide and entwine during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of the bizarre murder is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives when the case is re-opened years later.
HBO has not officially greenlit the second season, but series creator Nic Pizzolatto already began working on the story. "The basic idea: Hard women, bad men, and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system," he said in March. "I was well on my way in the writing but there's been a lot noise and work around the end of the first season that got in the way."
McConaughey, who recently won an Oscar that day for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club", has stated that he won't return for the possible second installment of the crime drama series. "I won't be back for season two. Season one was finite," he said backstage at Academy Awards.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'