HBO and Jessica Chastain Deny 'True Detective' Season 2 Casting Rumor
Jessica Chastain is not coming to the small screen anytime soon. Nerdist previously reported that the Oscar-nominated actress was offered a lead role on "True Detective" season 2, but E! News begs to differ, saying that HBO and reps for Chastain have denied the story.
The first season of the anthology series starred Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as two detectives, whose lives collide and entwine during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of the bizarre murder is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives when the case is re-opened years later.
HBO has not officially greenlit the second season, but series creator Nic Pizzolatto already began working on the story. "The basic idea: Hard women, bad men, and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system," he said in March. "I was well on my way in the writing but there's been a lot noise and work around the end of the first season that got in the way."
McConaughey, who recently won an Oscar that day for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club", has stated that he won't return for the possible second installment of the crime drama series. "I won't be back for season two. Season one was finite," he said backstage at Academy Awards.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3