HBO and Jessica Chastain Deny 'True Detective' Season 2 Casting Rumor
Jessica Chastain is not coming to the small screen anytime soon. Nerdist previously reported that the Oscar-nominated actress was offered a lead role on "True Detective" season 2, but E! News begs to differ, saying that HBO and reps for Chastain have denied the story.
The first season of the anthology series starred Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as two detectives, whose lives collide and entwine during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of the bizarre murder is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives when the case is re-opened years later.
HBO has not officially greenlit the second season, but series creator Nic Pizzolatto already began working on the story. "The basic idea: Hard women, bad men, and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system," he said in March. "I was well on my way in the writing but there's been a lot noise and work around the end of the first season that got in the way."
McConaughey, who recently won an Oscar that day for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club", has stated that he won't return for the possible second installment of the crime drama series. "I won't be back for season two. Season one was finite," he said backstage at Academy Awards.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?