Elin Nordegren Opens Up on Tiger Woods Divorce for the First Time
Elin Nordegren broke a four-year silence on her divorce from pro golfer Tiger Woods. In an interview with PEOPLE, Nordegren said that things are "really good" between her and Woods. She lives just 25-minute apart from him in southern Florida and they see each other regularly for the sake of their children.
"I have moved on and I am in a good place," the 34-year-old said. "My relationship with Tiger is centered around our children and we are doing really good - we really are - and I am so happy that is the case. He is a great father." They shared custody of 6-year-old daughter Sam and 5-year-old son Charlie.
The former model might have forgiven her ex-husband for his cheating ways but she did not forget. Woods' extramarital affairs with at least a dozen of women were unveiled in late 2009. Nordegren had to seek intensive therapy after the split and is still in checks with her therapist.
"In the beginning, you tamp down the animosity for the kids' sake," she told the magazine. "I'm not going to deny that I went through the wringer. But I don't think I doubted we'd end up here. That was always my dream, that the kids can have two loving parents that show respect for each other. And I feel that's what they have."
Nordegren has been dating coal magnate Chris Cline for the last year while Woods is dating Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn. "I'm happy for Tiger ...In general, in any kind of stepparent relationship, I'm happy that there's somebody else loving my children," she said.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie