Elin Nordegren Opens Up on Tiger Woods Divorce for the First Time
Elin Nordegren broke a four-year silence on her divorce from pro golfer Tiger Woods. In an interview with PEOPLE, Nordegren said that things are "really good" between her and Woods. She lives just 25-minute apart from him in southern Florida and they see each other regularly for the sake of their children.
"I have moved on and I am in a good place," the 34-year-old said. "My relationship with Tiger is centered around our children and we are doing really good - we really are - and I am so happy that is the case. He is a great father." They shared custody of 6-year-old daughter Sam and 5-year-old son Charlie.
The former model might have forgiven her ex-husband for his cheating ways but she did not forget. Woods' extramarital affairs with at least a dozen of women were unveiled in late 2009. Nordegren had to seek intensive therapy after the split and is still in checks with her therapist.
"In the beginning, you tamp down the animosity for the kids' sake," she told the magazine. "I'm not going to deny that I went through the wringer. But I don't think I doubted we'd end up here. That was always my dream, that the kids can have two loving parents that show respect for each other. And I feel that's what they have."
Nordegren has been dating coal magnate Chris Cline for the last year while Woods is dating Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn. "I'm happy for Tiger ...In general, in any kind of stepparent relationship, I'm happy that there's somebody else loving my children," she said.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal