'Man of Steel' Sequel Is Now Called 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'
Warner Bros. announced the official title of the "Man of Steel" sequel which people had been calling "Superman Vs. Batman" and "Man of Steel 2". The film that will bring together Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman is now called "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice".
Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman, starring opposite Ben Affleck as Batman. Gal Gadot will make her first appearance as Wonder Woman in the movie, and star as the Amazonian heroine in two other WB movies. Meanwhile, Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as the villain Lex Luthor.
Principal photography for "Batman v Superman" was kicked off on Wednesday, May 21 in Detroit, Michigan and will continue in Illinois, Africa and the South Pacific. Zack Snyder is directing from Chris Terrio's script based on a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Plot is still kept under wrap but this would be sort of an introduction to a "Justice League" movie that Snyder will also direct.
"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is slated to hit U.S. theaters May 6, 2016.
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney