'Man of Steel' Sequel Is Now Called 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'
Warner Bros. announced the official title of the "Man of Steel" sequel which people had been calling "Superman Vs. Batman" and "Man of Steel 2". The film that will bring together Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman is now called "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice".
Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman, starring opposite Ben Affleck as Batman. Gal Gadot will make her first appearance as Wonder Woman in the movie, and star as the Amazonian heroine in two other WB movies. Meanwhile, Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as the villain Lex Luthor.
Principal photography for "Batman v Superman" was kicked off on Wednesday, May 21 in Detroit, Michigan and will continue in Illinois, Africa and the South Pacific. Zack Snyder is directing from Chris Terrio's script based on a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Plot is still kept under wrap but this would be sort of an introduction to a "Justice League" movie that Snyder will also direct.
"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is slated to hit U.S. theaters May 6, 2016.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival