'Man of Steel' Sequel Is Now Called 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'
Warner Bros. announced the official title of the "Man of Steel" sequel which people had been calling "Superman Vs. Batman" and "Man of Steel 2". The film that will bring together Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman is now called "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice".
Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman, starring opposite Ben Affleck as Batman. Gal Gadot will make her first appearance as Wonder Woman in the movie, and star as the Amazonian heroine in two other WB movies. Meanwhile, Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as the villain Lex Luthor.
Principal photography for "Batman v Superman" was kicked off on Wednesday, May 21 in Detroit, Michigan and will continue in Illinois, Africa and the South Pacific. Zack Snyder is directing from Chris Terrio's script based on a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Plot is still kept under wrap but this would be sort of an introduction to a "Justice League" movie that Snyder will also direct.
"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is slated to hit U.S. theaters May 6, 2016.
More Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover