Nicki Minaj Releases Her New Single 'Pills N Potions'
Nicki Minaj delights her devotees when she finally releases her new single on Wednesday, May 21 as promised. The female rapper takes a break from her frequent fiery rhymes in this ballad. She shows her softer side while crooning about willing to forgive.
"Pills N potions/ We're overdosing/ I'm angry but I still love you/ Pills N potions/ We're overdosing/ Can't stand it but I still love you," the Young Money/Cash Money leading lady pours her heart out, singing softly in the beginning of the song.
She then switches back to rapping, delivering verse about being the bigger person, "Ayo, they could never make me hate you/ Even though what you was doin' wasn't tasteful/ Even though you out here lookin' so ungrateful/ I'mma keep it movin' be classy and graceful."
Produced by Dr. Luke and written by Ester Dean, the single is the first official offering from Minaj's new album "The Pink Print" which is due later this year. She said it was one of her most personal songs, calling it her "heart n soul" and "a true story."
"It sounds like urgency," Minaj explained to Billboard in an interview at the recent Billboard Music Awards over the weekend. "It sounds like betrayal. It sounds like running. It sounds like fainting. It sounds like love. It sounds like -- *gasp!*"
More Nicki Minaj News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy