Nicki Minaj Releases Her New Single 'Pills N Potions'
Nicki Minaj delights her devotees when she finally releases her new single on Wednesday, May 21 as promised. The female rapper takes a break from her frequent fiery rhymes in this ballad. She shows her softer side while crooning about willing to forgive.
"Pills N potions/ We're overdosing/ I'm angry but I still love you/ Pills N potions/ We're overdosing/ Can't stand it but I still love you," the Young Money/Cash Money leading lady pours her heart out, singing softly in the beginning of the song.
She then switches back to rapping, delivering verse about being the bigger person, "Ayo, they could never make me hate you/ Even though what you was doin' wasn't tasteful/ Even though you out here lookin' so ungrateful/ I'mma keep it movin' be classy and graceful."
Produced by Dr. Luke and written by Ester Dean, the single is the first official offering from Minaj's new album "The Pink Print" which is due later this year. She said it was one of her most personal songs, calling it her "heart n soul" and "a true story."
"It sounds like urgency," Minaj explained to Billboard in an interview at the recent Billboard Music Awards over the weekend. "It sounds like betrayal. It sounds like running. It sounds like fainting. It sounds like love. It sounds like -- *gasp!*"
More Nicki Minaj News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics