Nicki Minaj Releases Her New Single 'Pills N Potions'
Nicki Minaj delights her devotees when she finally releases her new single on Wednesday, May 21 as promised. The female rapper takes a break from her frequent fiery rhymes in this ballad. She shows her softer side while crooning about willing to forgive.
"Pills N potions/ We're overdosing/ I'm angry but I still love you/ Pills N potions/ We're overdosing/ Can't stand it but I still love you," the Young Money/Cash Money leading lady pours her heart out, singing softly in the beginning of the song.
She then switches back to rapping, delivering verse about being the bigger person, "Ayo, they could never make me hate you/ Even though what you was doin' wasn't tasteful/ Even though you out here lookin' so ungrateful/ I'mma keep it movin' be classy and graceful."
Produced by Dr. Luke and written by Ester Dean, the single is the first official offering from Minaj's new album "The Pink Print" which is due later this year. She said it was one of her most personal songs, calling it her "heart n soul" and "a true story."
"It sounds like urgency," Minaj explained to Billboard in an interview at the recent Billboard Music Awards over the weekend. "It sounds like betrayal. It sounds like running. It sounds like fainting. It sounds like love. It sounds like -- *gasp!*"
More Nicki Minaj News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video