Nicki Minaj Releases Her New Single 'Pills N Potions'
Nicki Minaj delights her devotees when she finally releases her new single on Wednesday, May 21 as promised. The female rapper takes a break from her frequent fiery rhymes in this ballad. She shows her softer side while crooning about willing to forgive.
"Pills N potions/ We're overdosing/ I'm angry but I still love you/ Pills N potions/ We're overdosing/ Can't stand it but I still love you," the Young Money/Cash Money leading lady pours her heart out, singing softly in the beginning of the song.
She then switches back to rapping, delivering verse about being the bigger person, "Ayo, they could never make me hate you/ Even though what you was doin' wasn't tasteful/ Even though you out here lookin' so ungrateful/ I'mma keep it movin' be classy and graceful."
Produced by Dr. Luke and written by Ester Dean, the single is the first official offering from Minaj's new album "The Pink Print" which is due later this year. She said it was one of her most personal songs, calling it her "heart n soul" and "a true story."
"It sounds like urgency," Minaj explained to Billboard in an interview at the recent Billboard Music Awards over the weekend. "It sounds like betrayal. It sounds like running. It sounds like fainting. It sounds like love. It sounds like -- *gasp!*"
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation