Report: Will Smith and Wife Investigated by Child Services Following Daughter's Controversial Photo
Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith are questioned by child protection service after their daughter Willow Smith's controversial photo emerged on social media earlier this month, Radar Online reports. According to the site, the two stars have been under investigation by the Los Angeles Department of Children & Family Services and they so far are cooperative.
"The investigation was formally opened last week and is being taken very seriously by the department," a source revealed. "Will and Jada Pinkett Smith have been extremely cooperative with officials. Of course, they aren't happy that their parenting skills are under scrutiny, but they understand."
"Social workers will also be talking separately with Willow, and they also want to talk to the young man in the picture with her as well. This won't just be one or two visits with the family, and it will likely be an open investigation for at least a month, out of an abundance of caution," the source continued.
In the black-and-white photo, which was uploaded on Moises Arias' Instagram, the 13-year-old Willow can be seen lying in bed. The 20-year-old Moises sat against the wall behind her.
Jada defended her daughter after the photo made headlines. "Here's the deal: there was nothing sexual about that picture or that situation. You guys are projecting your trash onto it, and you're acting like covert pedophiles, and that's not cool," she told a TMZ photographer.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!