Report: Will Smith and Wife Investigated by Child Services Following Daughter's Controversial Photo
Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith are questioned by child protection service after their daughter Willow Smith's controversial photo emerged on social media earlier this month, Radar Online reports. According to the site, the two stars have been under investigation by the Los Angeles Department of Children & Family Services and they so far are cooperative.
"The investigation was formally opened last week and is being taken very seriously by the department," a source revealed. "Will and Jada Pinkett Smith have been extremely cooperative with officials. Of course, they aren't happy that their parenting skills are under scrutiny, but they understand."
"Social workers will also be talking separately with Willow, and they also want to talk to the young man in the picture with her as well. This won't just be one or two visits with the family, and it will likely be an open investigation for at least a month, out of an abundance of caution," the source continued.
In the black-and-white photo, which was uploaded on Moises Arias' Instagram, the 13-year-old Willow can be seen lying in bed. The 20-year-old Moises sat against the wall behind her.
Jada defended her daughter after the photo made headlines. "Here's the deal: there was nothing sexual about that picture or that situation. You guys are projecting your trash onto it, and you're acting like covert pedophiles, and that's not cool," she told a TMZ photographer.
More Will Smith News
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction