Colin Firth Mentors Young Spy Recruit in 'The Secret Service' Trailer
Colin Firth is a spy agent in a James Bond-like movie "Kingsman: The Secret Service". A secret underground basecamp, an array of high-tech gadgets and weapons, conspiracy, and wicked enemies are teased in the trailer packed with explosions.
The "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" actor plays a mentor to an unrefined but promising street kid. He recruits the boy from the rough neighborhoods of London into an ultra-competitive training program just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius.
Coming from Matthew Vaughn ("Kick-Ass", "X-Men: First Class"), the movie adapted from Mark Millar's graphic novel of the same title is due October 24 in the United States. Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Caine, and Mark Strong join the cast ensemble.
"We missed all the spy movies we loved as kids, whether it was Bond or 'In Like Flint'. They had a sense of humor as well as being a thriller," the director told Entertainment Weekly. "With ['Kingsman'], we're subversing the spy movie genre as we know it."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage