Jessica Chastain Wanted for 'True Detective' Season 2
Jessica Chastain could step into Matthew McConaughey's shoes on "True Detective" season 2. Series creator Nic Pizzolatto has been rumored seeking a female-driven cast for the upcoming installment of the crime drama series and now Nerdist reports that the Academy Award-nominated actress has been offered the lead role.
The site further claims that Chastain, who rose to prominent through her role in Kathryn Bigelow's "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)", has yet to accept the offer and her representatives declined to comment on the story.
Should the report be true and Chastain say "yes," this will be her first major TV role. The 37-year-old beauty had had guest roles on several shows, including "ER" and "Veronica Mars", before making her feature film debut in 2008's independent movie "Jolene". She will next grace the big screen with Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar", which also stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Matt Damon among others.
"True Detective", which also starred Woody Harrelson, became a hit when the first season aired earlier this year on HBO. The cable channel has not greenlit the second season, but Pizzolatto already worked on the story.
"I am still fleshing it out," he said in March, before further sharing, "The basic idea: Hard women, bad men, and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system. I was well on my way in the writing but there's been a lot noise and work around the end of the first season that got in the way."
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion