'Lego Movie' Spin-Off 'Ninjago' Gets 2016 Release Date
Warner Bros. has booked a release date for "Ninjago". The upcoming spin-off to hugely-popular "The Lego Movie", which amassed around $460 million since being released in February this year, is confirmed to arrive nationwide on September 23, 2016.
Charlie Bean, who directed Disney XD's animated series "Tron: Uprising", is tapped as the helmer. Dan Lin and Roy Lee, who produced "The Lego Movie", are set to serve as the producers alongside Phil Lord and Christopher Miller who helmed the original film.
The upcoming movie is expected to include characters of ninjas, samurais, and senseis teaming up together to take down dragons, armies of snake men, and an evil warlord. The script is written by Dan and Kevin Hageman, who received "story by" credit in the "Lego Movie".
The Hageman brothers also wrote Cartoon Network's hit animated series "Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu" which was based on the Lego toy line as well.
"The Lego Movie" will also get a sequel. Written by Jared Stern and Michelle Morgan, "The Lego Movie 2" is slated for May 26, 2017 release. Chris McKay, the co-editor of the first film, will sit behind the lens with the original helmers, Lord and Miller, serving as producers.
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert