'Lego Movie' Spin-Off 'Ninjago' Gets 2016 Release Date
Warner Bros. has booked a release date for "Ninjago". The upcoming spin-off to hugely-popular "The Lego Movie", which amassed around $460 million since being released in February this year, is confirmed to arrive nationwide on September 23, 2016.
Charlie Bean, who directed Disney XD's animated series "Tron: Uprising", is tapped as the helmer. Dan Lin and Roy Lee, who produced "The Lego Movie", are set to serve as the producers alongside Phil Lord and Christopher Miller who helmed the original film.
The upcoming movie is expected to include characters of ninjas, samurais, and senseis teaming up together to take down dragons, armies of snake men, and an evil warlord. The script is written by Dan and Kevin Hageman, who received "story by" credit in the "Lego Movie".
The Hageman brothers also wrote Cartoon Network's hit animated series "Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu" which was based on the Lego toy line as well.
"The Lego Movie" will also get a sequel. Written by Jared Stern and Michelle Morgan, "The Lego Movie 2" is slated for May 26, 2017 release. Chris McKay, the co-editor of the first film, will sit behind the lens with the original helmers, Lord and Miller, serving as producers.
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces