'Lego Movie' Spin-Off 'Ninjago' Gets 2016 Release Date
Warner Bros. has booked a release date for "Ninjago". The upcoming spin-off to hugely-popular "The Lego Movie", which amassed around $460 million since being released in February this year, is confirmed to arrive nationwide on September 23, 2016.
Charlie Bean, who directed Disney XD's animated series "Tron: Uprising", is tapped as the helmer. Dan Lin and Roy Lee, who produced "The Lego Movie", are set to serve as the producers alongside Phil Lord and Christopher Miller who helmed the original film.
The upcoming movie is expected to include characters of ninjas, samurais, and senseis teaming up together to take down dragons, armies of snake men, and an evil warlord. The script is written by Dan and Kevin Hageman, who received "story by" credit in the "Lego Movie".
The Hageman brothers also wrote Cartoon Network's hit animated series "Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu" which was based on the Lego toy line as well.
"The Lego Movie" will also get a sequel. Written by Jared Stern and Michelle Morgan, "The Lego Movie 2" is slated for May 26, 2017 release. Chris McKay, the co-editor of the first film, will sit behind the lens with the original helmers, Lord and Miller, serving as producers.
More The Lego Ninjago Movie News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune