'Girl Meets World' Opening Credits and Theme Song Revealed
"Girl Meets World" won't debut on Disney Channel until June, but viewers can now get a look at the opening credits and a first listen to the theme song. The less-than-one-minute introductory clip is set to a bouncy tune called "Take on the World", sung by Rowan Blanchard, who plays the titular girl, and Sabrina Carpenter, who portrays her friend.
The new series which serves as a spin-off to "Boy Meets World" centers on Cory and Topanga's young daughter Riley Matthews (Blanchard). Along with her best friend Maya (Carpenter), the tween will navigate through middle school under her parents' watchful eyes.
Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel return as Cory and Topanga respectively, while Rider Strong, William Russ and Betsy Randle are set to reprise their roles as Shawn Hunter and Cory's parents respectively in a holiday episode.
The comedy series will launch Friday, June 27, at 9:45 P.M. following the premiere of original TV movie "Zapped" starring Zendaya Coleman at 8 P.M.
"Girl Meets World" Opening Credits With Theme Song:
"Girl Meets World" Theme Song "Take on the World" (Full):
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet