'Girl Meets World' Opening Credits and Theme Song Revealed
"Girl Meets World" won't debut on Disney Channel until June, but viewers can now get a look at the opening credits and a first listen to the theme song. The less-than-one-minute introductory clip is set to a bouncy tune called "Take on the World", sung by Rowan Blanchard, who plays the titular girl, and Sabrina Carpenter, who portrays her friend.
The new series which serves as a spin-off to "Boy Meets World" centers on Cory and Topanga's young daughter Riley Matthews (Blanchard). Along with her best friend Maya (Carpenter), the tween will navigate through middle school under her parents' watchful eyes.
Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel return as Cory and Topanga respectively, while Rider Strong, William Russ and Betsy Randle are set to reprise their roles as Shawn Hunter and Cory's parents respectively in a holiday episode.
The comedy series will launch Friday, June 27, at 9:45 P.M. following the premiere of original TV movie "Zapped" starring Zendaya Coleman at 8 P.M.
"Girl Meets World" Opening Credits With Theme Song:
"Girl Meets World" Theme Song "Take on the World" (Full):
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival