Simon Kinberg Confirms Quicksilver Will Return for 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
It looks like Evan Peters will reprise his role in "X-Men: Apocalypse". Screenwriter/producer Simon kinberg confirms in a new interview with Total Film that Peters' character, Quicksilver, will "absolutely" return for the sequel to "X-Men: Days of Future Past".
Kinberg also comments on the coincidence that Quicksilver is included in Disney/Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron". He additionally talks briefly about the initial plan to bring the super-fast mutant's twin sister, Scarlett Witch, into the mix. She was supposed to make a cameo, but her scene was eventually cut off from the movie.
Of bringing back the silver-haired mutant, director Bryan Singer previously told Empire magazine, "Even though our Quicksilver is not a main character like in The Avengers, it's a character there's a lot of thought and concern about and it's a character I'd like to explore further in the sequel."
"Days of Future Past" is slated to hit theaters across the U.S. on May 23, and "Apocalypse" is planned to follow on May 27, 2016. Besides Quicksilver, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is also expected to return for the next installment before going solo in "The Wolverine 3".
More "X-Men" movies are underway as a "Gambit (2016)" solo film is already confirmed, a "Deadpool" movie is in development, and a spin-off that focus on Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique is being discussed.
More X-Men: Apocalypse News
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments