Simon Kinberg Confirms Quicksilver Will Return for 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
It looks like Evan Peters will reprise his role in "X-Men: Apocalypse". Screenwriter/producer Simon kinberg confirms in a new interview with Total Film that Peters' character, Quicksilver, will "absolutely" return for the sequel to "X-Men: Days of Future Past".
Kinberg also comments on the coincidence that Quicksilver is included in Disney/Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron". He additionally talks briefly about the initial plan to bring the super-fast mutant's twin sister, Scarlett Witch, into the mix. She was supposed to make a cameo, but her scene was eventually cut off from the movie.
Of bringing back the silver-haired mutant, director Bryan Singer previously told Empire magazine, "Even though our Quicksilver is not a main character like in The Avengers, it's a character there's a lot of thought and concern about and it's a character I'd like to explore further in the sequel."
"Days of Future Past" is slated to hit theaters across the U.S. on May 23, and "Apocalypse" is planned to follow on May 27, 2016. Besides Quicksilver, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is also expected to return for the next installment before going solo in "The Wolverine 3".
More "X-Men" movies are underway as a "Gambit (2016)" solo film is already confirmed, a "Deadpool" movie is in development, and a spin-off that focus on Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique is being discussed.
More X-Men: Apocalypse News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels