Deryck Whibley Looks Gaunt During an Outing After Revealing Alcoholism Nearly Killed Him
A few days after revealing his battle with alcoholism, Deryck Whibley looked gaunt during an outing in Los Angeles. On Monday, May 19, the Sum 41 member stepped out with his fiancee Jocelyn Aguilar and another woman. He wore an all-black ensemble, a flat cap and white sneakers.
On Friday, Whibley revealed on his website that he nearly lost his life due to drinking problems. "Sorry i've been so m.i.a. lately, but i've been very sick in the hospital for a month and was pretty sick for a few weeks leading up to my trip to the hospital," he wrote. He continued explaining that he just collapsed one day because of "all the hard boozing I've been doing over the years."
"My mum and step dad were standing over me. i was so freaked out. my liver and kidney's collapsed on me. needless to say it scared me straight. i finally realized i can't drink anymore. if i have one drink the doc's say i will die. I'm not preaching or anything but just always drink responsibly. i didn't, and look where that got me," he recalled.
Whibley's former wife Avril Lavigne later sent an encouraging message on Twitter after she learned of the news. "Hope you get well soon! @sum41 #StayStrongDeryck," she tweeted. "Spoke to @Sum41 Deryck today. I am so proud of him. He is family to me and always will be. #StayStrongDeryck."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'