Report: Lana Del Rey to Earn Six-Figure Sum Performing at KimYe's Wedding
Lana Del Rey has reportedly been enlisted to perform at Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding that will take place this weekend in Europe. According to U.K.'s the Mirror, the singer will be flown out to Paris for the couple's wedding and she's set to bag a six-figure sum for the deal.
"Kanye knew how much Kim loved Lana's music, which is why he tried to get her to perform at the proposal," a source told the newspaper. "So he upped the offer to perform at the wedding and told Lana that it's his and Kim's special song and it would mean so much to have her perform it. She couldn't say no."
A friend of Del Rey additionally told HollywoodLife that the singer might be "performing an acoustic song, something really classy" at the nuptials.
Kardashian has openly declared herself as a big fan of Del Rey's music. Last summer, the reality TV star tweeted, "I can't get this Lana del Rey song out of my head! #youngandbeautiful."
West then proposed to the mother of one at AT&T Park in San Francisco while an orchestral version of "Young and Beautiful" blasted over the speakers. Radar Online said that the rapper actually wanted Del Rey to sing the track there in person.
"Lana politely declined, and didn't give any reason for not being able to perform. It was a very firm no from Lana and her camp," a source told the site at the time. "Kanye did try to push it, but didn't get anywhere. Kanye decided to hire an orchestra to perform the song for Kim, and he was much happier with how it turned out."
More Lana Del Rey News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance