Judge Tells Casey Kasem's Wife to Allow His Daughter to See Him
Casey Kasem's daughter Kerri Kasem has obtained expanded authority over the care of her ailing father. As reported by The Associated Press, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Daniel S. Murphy told the former radio personality's wife Jean on Tuesday, May 20 to allow a court-appointed doctor to check on his condition and let Casey's daughter Kerri Kasem see him.
Earlier this month, the judge said that he was concerned on Casey's well-being and his whereabouts. Murphy then ordered adult protection service to investigate into the issue. A few days after he was reported to have been missing, Casey was found in Kitsap County in Washington.
"I'm not sure she's even complying with my order," Murphy said during the Tuesday court meeting, referring to Jean. The judge previously said that Casey could not be moved without court order and an assessment for Casey's condition should be carried out immediately.
On Tuesday, the judge also ordered Casey's wife to surrender his passport. According to the judge, Kerri may hire unarmed private investigators to check on her dad if necessary.
Casey has been suffering from a form of dementia called Lewy Body Disease. He previously gained fame following his appearances on shows such as "American Top 40" and "Casey's Top 40". He also voiced Shaggy in "Scooby Doo".
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert