Judge Tells Casey Kasem's Wife to Allow His Daughter to See Him
Casey Kasem's daughter Kerri Kasem has obtained expanded authority over the care of her ailing father. As reported by The Associated Press, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Daniel S. Murphy told the former radio personality's wife Jean on Tuesday, May 20 to allow a court-appointed doctor to check on his condition and let Casey's daughter Kerri Kasem see him.
Earlier this month, the judge said that he was concerned on Casey's well-being and his whereabouts. Murphy then ordered adult protection service to investigate into the issue. A few days after he was reported to have been missing, Casey was found in Kitsap County in Washington.
"I'm not sure she's even complying with my order," Murphy said during the Tuesday court meeting, referring to Jean. The judge previously said that Casey could not be moved without court order and an assessment for Casey's condition should be carried out immediately.
On Tuesday, the judge also ordered Casey's wife to surrender his passport. According to the judge, Kerri may hire unarmed private investigators to check on her dad if necessary.
Casey has been suffering from a form of dementia called Lewy Body Disease. He previously gained fame following his appearances on shows such as "American Top 40" and "Casey's Top 40". He also voiced Shaggy in "Scooby Doo".
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy