Janelle Monae Cancels Australian Tour due to Illness
Janelle Monae's tour in Australia has officially been canceled due to an illness. The singer already nixed two concerts in Melbourne and Sydney, scheduled for Saturday, May 17 and Monday, May 19 respectively, before she decided to scrap all the Australian shows.
"Due to Janelle Monae's continuing illness it has been confirmed that the remainder of 'The Golden Electric Tour' has been canceled and there will be no rescheduled performances," read a statement issued following the cancellation.
In a longer statement, tour organizer Live Nation explained that Monae became ill after arriving in Australia. They said, "[She] has now been advised that she should not attempt to perform at this time, leaving no alternative other than to cancel all remaining show dates scheduled for the Australian and New Zealand tour."
"Ms Monae is devastated at not being able to perform for her fans and has vowed to return to our shores in the not-too-distant future," they added.
Monae was supposed to co-headline her Australian tour with Kiwi act Kimbra. The tour is expected to continue later this month at the Roots Picnic in Philadelphia.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'