Janelle Monae Cancels Australian Tour due to Illness
Janelle Monae's tour in Australia has officially been canceled due to an illness. The singer already nixed two concerts in Melbourne and Sydney, scheduled for Saturday, May 17 and Monday, May 19 respectively, before she decided to scrap all the Australian shows.
"Due to Janelle Monae's continuing illness it has been confirmed that the remainder of 'The Golden Electric Tour' has been canceled and there will be no rescheduled performances," read a statement issued following the cancellation.
In a longer statement, tour organizer Live Nation explained that Monae became ill after arriving in Australia. They said, "[She] has now been advised that she should not attempt to perform at this time, leaving no alternative other than to cancel all remaining show dates scheduled for the Australian and New Zealand tour."
"Ms Monae is devastated at not being able to perform for her fans and has vowed to return to our shores in the not-too-distant future," they added.
Monae was supposed to co-headline her Australian tour with Kiwi act Kimbra. The tour is expected to continue later this month at the Roots Picnic in Philadelphia.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story