Janelle Monae Cancels Australian Tour due to Illness
Janelle Monae's tour in Australia has officially been canceled due to an illness. The singer already nixed two concerts in Melbourne and Sydney, scheduled for Saturday, May 17 and Monday, May 19 respectively, before she decided to scrap all the Australian shows.
"Due to Janelle Monae's continuing illness it has been confirmed that the remainder of 'The Golden Electric Tour' has been canceled and there will be no rescheduled performances," read a statement issued following the cancellation.
In a longer statement, tour organizer Live Nation explained that Monae became ill after arriving in Australia. They said, "[She] has now been advised that she should not attempt to perform at this time, leaving no alternative other than to cancel all remaining show dates scheduled for the Australian and New Zealand tour."
"Ms Monae is devastated at not being able to perform for her fans and has vowed to return to our shores in the not-too-distant future," they added.
Monae was supposed to co-headline her Australian tour with Kiwi act Kimbra. The tour is expected to continue later this month at the Roots Picnic in Philadelphia.
More Janelle Monae News
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media