Red Band Trailer of Joe Manganiello's Male Strippers Documentary Unleashed
Joe Manganiello played a male stripper in "Magic Mike" and went deeper into the real business. The first full-length trailer of his documentary "La Bare" captures the real life of male strippers who have worked in the Dallas strip club since 1978.
"Even though every time I get a hug I give 'em a dollar, I still feel like they're my friends," one of the female customers says in the documentary. The red band trailer, which was debuted on Vulture, has the red band flag for its numerous shots of chiseled male bodies. All the fanfare and the sexiness on stage are followed by tragic story of a murdered stripper who is dubbed the real Magic Mike.
In a note to Vulture, Manganiello recounted his first experience of directing. "Soon after filming, there were the bands that had pulled their songs from the film despite the protests of their record label, the ban of our art/posters on bus stops and billboards due to it being too risque," he wrote. "And then came the wait for the MPAA rating. And with that, the realization that I indeed had found something new, something fresh, something shocking to show the general public."
"La Bare" hits U.S. theaters June 27.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie